Sonic Electronix

What amps for 12's on single battery?

I posted a similar topic over in amplifiers, but after 3 days I only got one response, so I'll try here. Like to get some input on what's good and not good these days. My current set of amps from an old install are barely pushing the new subs.

Budget is less than $400 for a mono block and matching 4 channel. Plan on doing the big 3, running single 0 gauge to the back and grounding to the frame. New battery ASAP. Preferably a matching type set of amps for a nice clean install look. No room for extra battery, so the other problem is they both need to run on a single under hood battery.

Running 2 X 12" Dual 2 ohm SEX = RMS: 600 watts. So stated wattage would be 2ohm mono.

I am leaning towards the HiFonics Brutus 1700.1 and 8 0 X 4 4 channel but wondered if there was something better. Also looked at the AudioPipe, RE Audio amps and MB Quart amps. Heard the 4 channel Quart was good but no info on the Quart mono.

Thanks!

Edited by 2007TBSS

My link, dB-R electroni have a nice SAE 1200 D and SAX 1200 D for 260 $ and buy a used RF or other well known 4 channel. No prob to have a 10 year or older RF in the trunk, beat the shit out of your mids. Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

you listed all the amps for that price range

Any opinions on any of them?

My link, dB-R electroni have a nice SAE 1200 D and SAX 1200 D for 260 $ and buy a used RF or other well known 4 channel. No prob to have a 10 year or older RF in the trunk, beat the shit out of your mids.

Interesting. Can one good battery support one of those and a 4 channel?

you listed all the amps for that price range

Any opinions on any of them?

om theamps you listed hifonics then audio pipe then Re audio then MB quart if i was buying that would be my list best to worst

the sundown 1200 is better than all others listed but thats a refurb just fyi

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

What about db Drive amps?

Alpine any good these days? It was the shit back in the 90's. And expensive.