VIPER 5902 remote start problem

Is there some sort of worksheet or labor sheet I can get along with a wiring diagram. Am sure that's what they use at the shop no? Im a visual learner i have to read things about 40 times over to understand fully. But when someone shows me i get it on spot

No, nothing to show.

The installer prints out the vehicle wiring info, and then uses the installer manual that they have for the alarm. Its then finding which wire is which with a test light or digital multimeter if theres more then 1 color wiring in the vehicle (which there is), once they know which black wire is the tach wire, they look on the install guide for the tachometer and notice its a violet/white wire, and connect the 2 together.

ok open the door. turn the key on and then off again. hold the button down on the antanna. you will hear one chirp, two chirps, and three chirps. then let off the button and then press it 3 times then hold. (push, let off, push let off, push let off, push and hold.) it will chirp 3 times. while holding the button push lock on your remote till it chirps 3 times then let off everything and turn the ignition on and your done

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

ok open the door. turn the key on and then off again. hold the button down on the antanna. you will hear one chirp, two chirps, and three chirps. then let off the button and then press it 3 times then hold. (push, let off, push let off, push let off, push and hold.) it will chirp 3 times. while holding the button push lock on your remote till it chirps 3 times then let off everything and turn the ignition on and your done

Would you mind explaining what all this does? Not that i doubt u but knowledge would be great

it either needs a longer crank time

changed from voltage sense to actual tach

or its a vehicle issue. if its not every time Id tend to lean to the vehicle being the issue and not he alarm. my old cavalier would do it every once in awhile.

This. don't change programming yourself. you had it installed professionally and have a lifetime warranty. have them check for you whether tach is hooked up and not voltage sense or virtual tach. make them honor it. If tach is hooked up the threshold needs to be changed. Know that it is the holidays now and it is the busiest time of the year for them. call ahead and schedule an appointment and make sure the most knowledgeable installer at the shop can look at it for you. its really not a common problem, especially with DEI products, for vehicles to not start like that. i always run tach in all of my installs and its rare that a vehicle doesn't start consistently. when tach is learned the brain knows when the engine has started. if it doesn't start up the unit would hold the starter a little longer depending on the tach threshold as well.

What t-money is explaining to you is to change the unit to read tach. the only problem with that is it wont work the first time because tach would have to be learned. if you do what he says it wont remote start anymore, though it is what needs to be done (after tach is connected). your best option for now would be to change it to virtual tach or voltage sense (whichever it is not on) and test. before you do all this though, take it to the installers.

EDIT: he said 3 chirps, thats crank time

Edited by EVAlonSo

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Would you mind explaining what all this does? Not that i doubt u but knowledge would be great

it changes the crank time to a 1 second crank instead of the 0.6 sec crank time that is default. a bit writer is the easy way but if u are not an installer chances are you dont have one so this is the old school way. i have the exact same alarm too.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056