Sonic Electronix

so just looking at the mechman site and found that they have a 220 amp alt for my 2003 ford focus. they also have the xs power d5100 battery that i would like to get. they want $724 for both the alt and battery shipped here to alaska. my question is it worth it? or is there better for less.

the stuff im using is a rf t1500.1bd constant power, rf 10 farad cap, and a rf t400.4 mid range amp coming in the future of the build. i already have rf 1/0 gauge wire front to back and 4 gauge from a interstate deep cycle battery in the trunk to the cap and then to the t1500.1. will have 4 gauge from cap to t400.4 after i purchase it. i dont have the big 3 done yet but will do it with 1/0 gauge.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You would be great with that, but let me be the first tell you....shipping ruins everything. You are looking at minute differences for prices shipped, unless you're shipping a lot of items at once or heavy you can have them shipped to PAF in Seattle then freighted up here. As for a battery and an alternator....just go that route. But you will be better off without the capacitor.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

well, the shipping is $98 and i can live with that. the cap has made a 2 volt difference in my setup. with out it i was dropping down to 10.3-10.5 with it i havent gone under 12.3-12.8. i know a lot of people say they dont help but storage is storage and it helps.

capictors explained this some what explains the use of a cap

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ha ha ha, I am not laughing at you. I know very well the use of capacitors and how to effectively use capacitance.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

yeah, i just get a lot of people talking down on using it that when i see/hear/read something of the sort i find something that helps explain it and post the link for it so that others can make a good educated decision.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived