My First Build (i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz) - Rebuild Soon!

I'm impressed, myself. Just gits and shiggles, I may see how a 4.8 does on air.... LOL

Given your low voltage so far I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did 4.8 easily. Only slight concern would be how high temps got under Prime but even then you'll never touch those temps again under any usage. My chip hits 68-70 after 2 hours of Prime but the most I see gaming is 45-50.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Ivy Bridge runs WAY hotter than Sandy Bridge. That's one of the first things we noticed in testing at work, so these temps are actually GREAT for this kind of overclock.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Those temps are absurd at that overclock for an Ivy Bridge chip. That chip seems to be fine with low voltage though so that'll certainly keep temps down.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Stressed this 4.6 overnight with no issues, never got hotter than 72. I'm very happy.

I had a 4.7 running fairly stable last night, gonna stress it all day to see what happens.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

1.248 vcore? *tear*

Are you using manual voltage or offset? Just curious.

wtf is lolcats?

Offset.

Yeah the voltage is a bit high, I may back off a bit and keep it at 4.6 or 4.7

Voltage on 4.6 ended up being like 1.080, and the 4.7 was around 1.15 I think.

I feel better with those 2 voltages, but I know these procs are fine up to 1.4V and up.

In fact, at work I'm looking a 4.9 @ 1.336V, its been stressing for almost 48 hours now.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Voltage is HIGH you say? I'd be dancing around my room if I could keep my vcore that low!

wtf is lolcats?

Archived