brand new 4 wheeler...will not stay running.

Yes I left the choke on. When o tried to ease it down it wants to die. Their is a fuel filter after the tank. I'm the first person to put fuel in it. The shop said that all oils are good I just needed to add gas. It's a xmas gift so this kinda sucks

Yes I left the choke on. When o tried to ease it down it wants to die. Their is a fuel filter after the tank. I'm the first person to put fuel in it. The shop said that all oils are good I just needed to add gas. It's a xmas gift so this kinda sucks

Doesn't mean a piece didn't get by. The fuel filter isn't exactly a guaranteed fix. The hole for gas on the pilot jet on quads this size is typically barely big enough to see through, a grain of sand would be twice as big as needed to stop it up or atleast impede the flow of gas.

Check the idle screw first, but from my experience of working on these things at the shop 99.9% of the time it's a stopped up pilot jet. Especially seems that way since it was running fine at first.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

It's fixed. Not sure how it's fixed but it's running fine now. Woke up this morning and tried working on it and after about 10 mins of it running with the choke on and the throttle it died started it up with choke off and it's running fine. just put about 3 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. Thanks guys.

I work on a ton of small engines like lawn mowers and snowblowers in my garage. Dirty carbs or bad adjustments are 90% of the repairs I do.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I work on a ton of small engines like lawn mowers and snowblowers in my garage. Dirty carbs or bad adjustments are 90% of the repairs I do.

Repairs made by expert Bud Light sponsored home mechanics are atleast 95% of what I work on. Had one guy actually REMOVE the main jet on his Harley because it was running lean when he cut his stock pipes down. :trippy:

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Repairs made by expert Bud Light sponsored home mechanics are atleast 95% of what I work on. Had one guy actually REMOVE the main jet on his Harley because it was running lean when he cut his stock pipes down. :trippy:

I had a 1980 KZ1000 that I decided to clean the carbs on. (bike ran fine, I just bought it and felt like doing a tune-up on everything) Currently my record for shortest term for a vehicle owned. 2 days.

I had a 1980 KZ1000 that I decided to clean the carbs on. (bike ran fine, I just bought it and felt like doing a tune-up on everything) Currently my record for shortest term for a vehicle owned. 2 days.

My buddy just sold his 82 KZ750 chopper he built, it was a sweet ride but those stock carbs are junkkkkk.

I absolutely despised carb work when I started, now cleaning and syncing the carbs on the older 4 carbed sportbikes is one of the easiest parts of my day. Once you understand all the parts and how they work they are super simple.

The only true cure we have found for keeping the pilots clean on those little bikes/quads is to strain the gas before you pour it in the quad. It's a PITA but even a piece of trash too small for the filter to catch can stock them up. Most of the time it will suck through pretty easy which is what I suspect happened in your case. Either way enjoy it! We've had really good luck out of some of those cheap quads.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Hmmmm, seems logical to me! :No:

When was removing something ever a good idea? Haha

I do alot of garbage picking and fixing up. Then I turn around and sell them fast. I live in a nicer community so people will throw away a two year old lawnmower the second it takes more than 3 pulls to start. It takes me maybe an hour to clean the carb then I turn around and sell it for $100 bucks and make almost pure profit. Simple stuff. I taught myself how to repair motors by trail and error mostly.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Hmmmm, seems logical to me! :No:

When was removing something ever a good idea? Haha

I do alot of garbage picking and fixing up. Then I turn around and sell them fast. I live in a nicer community so people will throw away a two year old lawnmower the second it takes more than 3 pulls to start. It takes me maybe an hour to clean the carb then I turn around and sell it for $100 bucks and make almost pure profit. Simple stuff. I taught myself how to repair motors by trail and error mostly.

That's a sweet deal. I've bought a few things that came in the shop that someone would rather sell than pay to fix to make a little off of, usually only a couple hundred bucks here and there. We mostly deal with custom Harleys, or newer sportbikes so typically our clientele doesn't mind dropping the cash.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Archived