brand new 4 wheeler...will not stay running.

I know it's a crappy brand but it is a 125cc Coolster. It's for a 10 year old and I bought it new. I had a bit of trouble starting tit but after it started it ran okay for about 15 mins. Now I have to hold on the throttle the entire time to keep it running. The dealer I bought it from said it takes standard gas. But the manual says It needs mixed gas???? Any info will help. This is my first experience with atv's as well.

Warranty? Is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? That will tell you what kinda gas it takes.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

does it have oil in it? if it takes oil in the crankcase its a 4 stroke and takes regular unleaded. (uses car oil)

if it doesnt take oil in the crankcase then its a 2 stroke and uses probably a 50:1 ratio of oil/gas mix (if its colder id say maybe 25:1) 2 stroke oil only for 2 stroke gas

remember it is brand new so the engine still has to break in. everything is still tight in there.

if all else fails look for the idle screw on the carb. itll usually be a screw with a spring (maybe) that is directly behind the thing that the throttle cable is connected to you will notice it stops the throttle at a certain spot when you look at it while pushing the thumb throttle. adjust that accordingly.

if you cant find it post a pic of the carb and we will try to help better :)

edit:seeing as its a 125cc its (probably) 2 stroke BUT you never know

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I know it's a crappy brand but it is a 125cc Coolster. It's for a 10 year old and I bought it new. I had a bit of trouble starting tit but after it started it ran okay for about 15 mins. Now I have to hold on the throttle the entire time to keep it running. The dealer I bought it from said it takes standard gas. But the manual says It needs mixed gas???? Any info will help. This is my first experience with atv's as well.

well if its a 2 stroke it will take mixed gas, but if its a 4 stroke it will take regular gas.. easy way to tell the difference... does the exhaust emit a high pitch "tingy" sound? or is it a deep "put put" like a regular vehicle would be? if its a higher pitched "tingy" sound it will be a 2 stroke, or if its a 4 stroke it will be a deeper put put sound.

i bought 3 of these too b4 it will stay running once it breaks in but i must warn you this thing is a POS made from the cheapest chinese steel and will only give you 50 hours of run time b4 it becomes and absolute head ache

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Take the carb bowl off and clean the pilot jet. Those little quads use a TINY pilot jet, and as much trash is in the fuel most people get today they are very easy to stop up. See it all the time at the shop. I recommend putting an inline fuel filter on the line between the tank and the carb after you clean it as well.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived