I plan on putting the amps into a very sturdy amp rack/box using fans and then attaching that in some way to either the body of the car or the rear of the speaker box. I am pretty much assuming, 1) they can easily access the inside of the car (its easy and been done before) 2) they are equipped with basic tools (smash and grab)

Hopefully these basic measures will go a long ways when it becomes crunch time.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Productive day! Added dash lights, properly wired the amps and lights to go on/off with the car, fixed the rocky passenger seat, fixed my short/fixed the dome light, fixed the half ass tail and brake lights, and most importantly I fixed the cigarette lighter as well as properly mouting it in the dash so that I can charge my phone on trips!

Unfortunately, none of this is very photo worthy!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

• 4 weeks later...

I broke down and ran it on music on 125w per channel yesterday. I had a bad song- (Welcome back) which is not good for a rolling 30sec average at all and ended up with a 137.8 after starting around 140 haha I should have just bridged the back two channels @2ohm for double power and maybe with 250w per 18 I could have done better than last place :drinks:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

If I can find the right song and catch some wiper jump I'll post it up. I filled the roof with expanding foam to support some of the broken subframe. Then, I went from 1200w to 250w and now its way harder to get the roof moving like it used to. I talked to Mike Singer at the TDH show and I am getting more and more confident with these drivers. He supported my ideas that besides the lack of motor mass to dissipate heat the two weak links are the accordion surround joint with the cone and the size of the tinsels. Since rebuilding these in my family room I have added the DC wide roll surround and doubled up on the tinsels all the way around. Plus, I don't plan on running any more than 1500w to each driver full tilt so I should be able to manage the thermal levels.

so much to do! not enough money.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Bro, I understand the last part. I remember being enlisted and the pay is soo great lol. Then when you make money, you get married, have kids, and they take it, so you're still stuck with no money hahaha.

I sent Mike Singer a price quote for an alt earlier. I hope he is cheaper than the 700 they want every wherre else lol.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Productive day! Added dash lights, properly wired the amps and lights to go on/off with the car, fixed the rocky passenger seat, fixed my short/fixed the dome light, fixed the half ass tail and brake lights, and most importantly I fixed the cigarette lighter as well as properly mouting it in the dash so that I can charge my phone on trips!

Unfortunately, none of this is very photo worthy!

-Drew

everything is photo worthy... <_<

hope i can get a demo sometime. =] :popcorn:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Bro, I understand the last part. I remember being enlisted and the pay is soo great lol. Then when you make money, you get married, have kids, and they take it, so you're still stuck with no money hahaha.I sent Mike Singer a price quote for an alt earlier. I hope he is cheaper than the 700 they want every wherre else lol.

I know! The wife is about half way to getting an RN Degree and I'm eagerly awaiting those paychecks haha

Productive day! Added dash lights, properly wired the amps and lights to go on/off with the car, fixed the rocky passenger seat, fixed my short/fixed the dome light, fixed the half ass tail and brake lights, and most importantly I fixed the cigarette lighter as well as properly mouting it in the dash so that I can charge my phone on trips!Unfortunately, none of this is very photo worthy!-Drew
everything is photo worthy... <_< hope i can get a demo sometime. =] :popcorn:

Well next time I'm carrying around the camera at night I'll snap one or two.

I'm rather new so I've missed the story on these woofers...Did you make them yourself? Can't find info anywhere

For some reason the story on these woofers is never very clear. They were initially tooled by TC/Aura and there are two versions of this motor mine is the beehive if I remember correctly. They are great for low to moderate power handling situations. The moving mass (with aluminum cone and accordion surround) is so light that they are a good PA woofer with a very high LPF in a big box. The 4" coil and 10" spiders combined with the neo underhung motor and lightweight coil is a very potent. They are actually perfect for my box IMO because I am running low power, big size (16cuft) and tuned heavily for music (small port @41hz) which pulls the F3 down very low compared to the XLs I had in before. When I get better access to a Mic I will accurately measure the frequency response. In a nutshell, the woofer is big and efficient and in this box has a very effortless SQ sound throughout the whole range without weighing heavily on my (moderately above average at best) charging system.

:trippy:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived