Second Skin Audio

Level 5 15 box question

cracker

Wonderin if 3 cubes after port, bracing etc would be ok. I hear big power small box, smaller power bigger box. Thoughts are around 4k to a single 15 with as much post i can get away wit and tuned mid to low 30s.

If this is a daily box, then I'd still run a larger box to up the efficiency of the system, say 3.5ft^3. Running a smaller than recommended box and you're risking the chance of overdriving your amp to get the output and excursion that you're looking for, which can cook the coils if you're not careful. Just my preference, and you can always rebuild to a smaller box if you feel like you have the power to do so and are easily maxing out the sub in the larger box.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

If this is a daily box, then I'd still run a larger box to up the efficiency of the system, say 3.5ft^3. Running a smaller than recommended box and you're risking the chance of overdriving your amp to get the output and excursion that you're looking for, which can cook the coils if you're not careful. Just my preference, and you can always rebuild to a smaller box if you feel like you have the power to do so and are easily maxing out the sub in the larger box.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the reply mang i appreciate it alot. I think if i go this route ill be able to make it work.

Archived