How do you tell if a song is clipped?

is there a link for Audacity?
What's wrong, Google doesn't work on your internetz? nea.gif

this!

just downloaded audacity and it's almost scary b/c you can actually see where it clips

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

is there a link for Audacity?
What's wrong, Google doesn't work on your internetz? nea.gif

yea it does I wasn't thinking clearly i was getting stuff ready for a box build, but now I have to wait until it stops snowing, it seriously started on the day i chose to make my box what are the odds.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

All of you that said Audacity are making nothing into something, that is the worst way to go about it. Highlight the full song and choose Amplify then do negative 2.5, wave form doesn't reach the top so it shows there is no clipping but if you look at the wave form there is still clipping. The "show clipping" is purely track volume level limit.

You want to open the song in Audacity, make sure the main window pane is in Now Playing, right click and choose Bars & Waves then O-Scope, any flat spots (squared off waves) is clipping. Don't worry too much about bass hit clips until they are for more than a second and are audibly distorted. For example audible clipping would be Gucci Mane - Swing My Door, and bad clipping that you need to be smart with the volume on your headunit is anything off of Yelawolf's "Radioactive".

Decaf is the man at explaining this better, read this thread: Clipping can't be fixed

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical