4x 6.5" mid bass, or 2x 8 inch?

ktraughb

i am using some not so good components. volume wise, they take power well without sounding distorted to the ear, as i said, i just really need a boost in the range for guitar etc. which is obviously a huge range, but its the best i can describe it. lol. the current set is an old pair of fusion components (not the jonah lomu series), and in the dash i currently have some 4x6 full range, and a pair of 6.5 full range in the rear.

kinda. id simply be replacing the mids and tweeters. basically without going active, and using some much better crossovers i have from an old mb quart set. i have discus amps, which sound great, but dont have bandpass filtering. so in terms of being cheap, im limted on my options right now. just other priorities, so this is somewhat being skimped on for now, but at least trying to achieve better results than what i have now.

If good sound is a priority find a pair of speakers that work with each other. Find a tweet that performs where the midrange dies off. Take time looking at frequency response charts and you'll understand what i mean.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i know exactly what you mean. i think it shouldnt be too hard to at least do that part. ive found some around that will play 55-2500Hz on the mids response, which i will likely set an hpf a little higher on that. and actually some tweeters with response right at 3500-27k. seems close, not perfect, but close