Second Skin Audio

box ideas and help skar/crescendo

Hello guys, i will be getting some skar vvx 12s very soon and will be building a new box for my trunk, i need some ideas /specs any tips that can help me out i am happy with the first box i build for my 2 10inch type rs but i want this one to be better and sound better, they will be powered by a crescendo bc2k and it will be sealed forward here are some pics of my present box. the car is a 03 cavilier

IMG031.jpg

IMG028.jpg

IMG032.jpg

IMG033.jpg

IMG0241.jpg

Dude that box you got now is all wrong. It won't be hard to make one that sounds better than that. Its made out of the wrong material and is not thick enough. It looks like half inch flake board. It the box was sealed off good it would more than likely blow apart even with a port. You need to use mdf 3/4inch even ply wood would do better than what your using. It don't matter what subs you get if your box sucks so will the performance. Build the box in one peace if you can. and point them to the back not the front.

What's holding the box to the baffle wall? Or is it just sitting there? If that connection was air tight it would sound 10 times better. But your woods to thin any way and is to weak for heavy bass. It won't last long if it was sealed right imo

What's holding the box to the baffle wall? Or is it just sitting there? If that connection was air tight it would sound 10 times better. But your woods to thin any way and is to weak for heavy bass. It won't last long if it was sealed right imo

dude that box is 3/4th mdf...?? and the baffle is sitting there in the picture thats just the face of the box we were testing the fit... and it is ported. its a 4in aero port 6 inches long and the wanting to build im not looking to keep the aero port style but it will still be ported. and i like sealed front better than ported. it sounds better in this car. that box is solid. i will be double baffling the front of the next box tho. and fiberglassing the inside, so the next one will be even more solid.

just keep doing what you are doing, looks like you have been doing your reading!

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

1.75 per sub after displacement...tuned to 36hz is factory recommendation....

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Sealing it off from trunk will cut down on rattle and keep sound in the cabin...why wouldn't you want it sealed off from the trunk?...I mean you don't build a wall blowing backwards right

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Sealing it off from trunk will cut down on rattle and keep sound in the cabin...why wouldn't you want it sealed off from the trunk?...I mean you don't build a wall blowing backwards right

i do want to seal it off from the trunk, that is how my current box is and i like it like that best. i may of worded what i said last wrong sorry