Rebuild Opinions (Pic Inside)

bcpballer64

Which style?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which box? (See pic in OP)

• 4th order
    • 6th Order
    • Other (specify in reply)

So I am rebuilding right about now and I am looking for opinions agian on what style of box to go with. I have three response curves in the graph below, one is current regular ported, another is a 4th order, and the third is a 6th order, they are color coded so you can tell which is which, so what do youall think? I'm open to suggestions. Also I might do removable ports to change it up for metering too so that is something to keep in mind too.

KitComparison.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I'm liking the 6th order. I don't really like the upper frequencies really loud, anything above 60hz kills my head, but if you have interchangable port that might be the way to go with the regular ported box.

Alpine 9886

Rockford mids and highs

MBQUART 4.125

2 xfl 15's

2 TRX2000.1's

Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back

Someone either can't design a proper bandpass, or that program is terrible.

Bandpasses are used, mostly, because they play a wider band as compared to standard 4th order enclosures.

x2 if you redisigned the 4th and 6th order's right i bet you would like the curve ALOT better!

edit: and maybe try the other version of a 6th order? i wanna say yours is called a parallel tuned and you should try series tuned

I'm thinking the program is a little wack lol because those are some ratios I have seen before and they are usually ok, but those response curves do look funny,idk what to do lol.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Anyone have any advice on a 4th order? I would like to make one and have a port to have in daily, and the a metering port. So the goal is a 4th order with interchangeable ports. Anyone with more experience able to speak to how realistic those response curves look? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Happy new years goin to bed bump. Really want to start work tomorrow so please any help is appreciated.

Archived