No Way my head-unit can be turned up to 62/62

yea , setting the gains on the 4 channel wasnt bad. channel A was set through the positive and channel B was set through the negative it worked out fine.

Also, when i testing for HU distortion, i had my sub level at zero, even though it goes down to -24, and its highest is plus 6, so is that correct?.

I give up

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

sounds like ill have to check out pioneer head units one way or another!!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

yea , setting the gains on the 4 channel wasnt bad. channel A was set through the positive and channel B was set through the negative it worked out fine.

Also, when i testing for HU distortion, i had my sub level at zero, even though it goes down to -24, and its highest is plus 6, so is that correct?.

I give up

im telling you they distort at different levels. it sounds fine right now, and im happy with it. It can be turned up to 56, but i usually keep it at 54. My mids and highs are sooo clean and loud, along with the powerful bass ive always had.

you are not getting it

your headunit should be used with settings flat, sub level at 0, volume 62 full tilt, not 54, not 57. 62.

then set your gains on 4channel (they will be lower than when using volume 54, 57 because you are getting more voltage thru the rcas, which is what you want. gain as low as possible so the amp is amplifying the least)

-10db will make you mids/highs rather loud, try -5db as it will be quieter and the gains will be set lower

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Mine doesnt distort on one channel of the rca at at 50/50 but the other channel does at 44/50(like the left does and the right dont)

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

yea i dont use the rcas, i put the red prong on the speaker inputs, it doesnt distort it so 62 is fine, but the bass amp distorts it at 57, so my max volume is 56 then. So i then tuned then tuned the 4 channel at a max volume of 56. used the track for the mids and highs that said higher sound quality over loudness.

what i meant before, is that channel A gets tuned through pos terminals and B gets tuned through the negative terminals.

HU eq was flat, sub level 0, loudness 0, everything on flat!

however i just realized i had that sound retriever on. Would that affect anything? Also, if i want to change my HU eq settings will that cause distortion?

Anyways, the way its tuned now shows no distortion show i feel like its ok.

Edited by SlamminBeats

So how do u test the headunit though the amp?

Frequency all the way up on all amps

gains all the way down.

test 4 channel and bass amp.

put the red prong in the speaker inputs for both, not the rca hole.

find out where it distorts with the proper track depending what the amp does.

The lower of the 2 is the max volume, then you tune both amps at that volume regardless if one distorts at a higher volume.

Correct??

please re read my first post to see if i did all the right steps!

Edited by SlamminBeats