Second Skin Audio

2 12's or 1 15?

msmith

im gunna be re-doing my system and i was curious what would sound better, 2 12's or 1 15 ported to 35 hertz. Also what would be better, aero ports or a slot? I'm gunna be putting it in a 2002 dodge dakota and my max dimensions would be 28in long, 24 in tall, and 18 in wide im not really sure if the deminsons would help any but thanks in advanced for the help! :clapping:

Totally depends on what your thinking on getting first. What kind of subs for both 12 and 15? What kind of box? Custom? And what are you looking to get out of them, SPL or SQ?

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Subwoofer wise, I'd personally go with the 2 12s. More cone area. I had a friend with a ported 15 L5 on 1Kw and my 2 sealed Memphis 12s on half the power would blow them out of the water. Just my .02.

I also think you will end up having plenty of space, just use it wisely.

Totally depends on what your thinking on getting first. What kind of subs for both 12 and 15? What kind of box? Custom? And what are you looking to get out of them, SPL or SQ?

well i was thinking about the kicker comp series for the 12's and the cvr for the 15, or the RE SRX 15. And i would make the box myself, and i wouldnt meter it i just want something with good lows, i had 2 jlw1 tens and they were good but i just want something with a little more punch. oh and about the box, i wasnt sure if i should go aero ports or a slot, is there a differnce to them?

Subwoofer wise, I'd personally go with the 2 12s. More cone area. I had a friend with a ported 15 L5 on 1Kw and my 2 sealed Memphis 12s on half the power would blow them out of the water. Just my .02.

ok thanks! what kind of memphis were they?

2 12's slot port

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

just my opinion.. his box wasnt built to ideal settings bro

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

well i was thinking about the kicker comp series for the 12's and the cvr for the 15, or the RE SRX 15. And i would make the box myself, and i wouldnt meter it i just want something with good lows, i had 2 jlw1 tens and they were good but i just want something with a little more punch. oh and about the box, i wasnt sure if i should go aero ports or a slot, is there a differnce to them?

For the price of those guys you could get better ones than that. They are decent speakers but dont take any high amount of punishment well. The REs i would go with for the 15. But other ones try DC or alpine. Slots, dual so you cut down on port noise.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Archived