Sonic Electronix

2 4ohm speakers and 2 8 ohm speakers, 1 amp...

So i ordered 2 O2 audio speakers and though i was getting 4 ohm speakers, but they were 8 and i put down a deposit so i got stuck with them. Im using a Sundown audio 100.4 amp. I have a pair of RF T2's im running off the first two channels. I plan on running my two 8 ohm speakers in parallel on the third pair of channels and leaving the 4 set open. Will these speakers see 100 watts each? If i just ran them each off the 3rd and 4th channel this would damage the amp correct being that the rockfords are 4 ohm?

Did u make topic of this all ready?

If so go back and find it again

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I have one set of 4 ohm rockford components, and 2 individual 8ohm O2 audio speakers. Why question is should i run the rockfords off channel 1 and 2, and run the 2 O2's in parallel down to 4 ohm on the 3rd channel. OR run the rockfords how i mentioned earlier, or run 1 O2 off the 3rd channel and the other off the 4th channel

You can run different ohm speakers on the same amp? Is this because it is an AB amplifier? Also by bridging, the positives from the O2's would be together and use both the positive from 3rd and 4th channel? And the negatives would be wound together also and use both the negatives on the amp?

For all the amps I've used the Left Pos is the Pos and the Right Neg is the Neg. When bridged you only use Two of the Four connectors.

If you still have the amps manual check it to make sure, and then run two sets of wires using the same terminals on the amp.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*