Noob and sundown100.4

jview

OK im stationed in japan with not alot to do im on a small island okinawa not main land so im getting deeper into car audio to

entertain myself. So i've never upgraded my door speakers before and im about to get a 100.4 pretty soon had a few questions. One can i

run channels 3&4 @ 2ohms and 1&2@ 4ohms or will i need to have each channel the same ohm. I was looking at doing a component set in the

front doors and glass a 8 in in the rear doors just for shits and giggles and to try my hand at glassing. Idk if having 8s in the rear

doors would b good or not really dont care just doing it to try glassing gonna try to use the factory locations for the component set

up front. Any feed back would b greatly appreciated.

i dont think you can run the channels at different levels, NOT SURE THOUGH!. I would try it hell try anything you want. But plz post pics would love to see some glass work. And yes depending on your car 8's for bass in the rear door would be sick IMO. but its your car. Where did you snag that 100.4

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Most amps aren't set-up to run single as your thinking they are but rather 1&2 are left and right front and 3&4 are left and right rear so the best you can do is set per front or rear. You can run front @4ohm or @8ohm but you cant run left and right with different ohm loads as they'll need to be the same, so if you want to you can run 4ohm front and 8ohm rears with no problems but the fronts will overpower the rears cause of the lower ohm load.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Most amps aren't set-up to run single as your thinking they are but rather 1&2 are left and right front and 3&4 are left and right rear so the best you can do is set per front or rear. You can run front @4ohm or @8ohm but you cant run left and right with different ohm loads as they'll need to be the same, so if you want to you can run 4ohm front and 8ohm rears with no problems but the fronts will overpower the rears cause of the lower ohm load.

so could channel 1 & 2 be front and 3 & 4 be rear and say from is 2 ohms and rear is 4 ohms ? would that work ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

i dont think you can run the channels at different levels, NOT SURE THOUGH!. I would try it hell try anything you want. But plz post pics would love to see some glass work. And yes depending on your car 8's for bass in the rear door would be sick IMO. but its your car. Where did you snag that 100.4

A guy here on island is gonna sell it to me he wants all skar stuff he hasn't even gotten it yet so it's bnib. And yea ima try my Hand at glassing gonna look horrible will b my first attempt.

Yea I was gonna have 1 and 2 being the LR component set and 3 and 4 being the 8s one in each door. I dont know what ohm load I'm going for just asking questions so I know what I'm getting into.

Anyone know a website for getting glassing supplies everything is expensive on this island theirs an import tax on everything shit sucks. Audio equipment extra expensive they sell equipment that's 5 years old and used for Msrp it's crazy.

I agree with everything you say but the very last part. Its kind of dependent on his speakers and their efficiency isnt it? Myself for example i have my front doors (2 selenium 6s in each door) running at 4ohm and my doors (1 8 per door) running at 8 ohm each. The rear was a tiny bit louder than the front but not very noticeable.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Mobile solutions? Or google would be my try

Thanks gonna look at mobile solutions after class today. And I know do research I'd thought I ask first. I see alot of people doin glass work on this forumns and thought someone would chime in. But today a guy in my hydro class told me he does carbon fiber work so ill have him help me.