OrangeJuiced's Sierra Body Dropped and Juiced (Revived and Tuckin4's)

Very nice truck LOVE the color!

Thank you.

excited for you man looks good so far

When you said school might be cancelled because of rain I was like, huh? And then you mentioned a flood LOL I get it now. The colour of that truck....just amazing. Is the box going to colour match?

Yeah it was pretty bad. Just spent 3 hours cleaning our barn. Thanks. I'm not sure if we're going to paint it or not. We've been talking about something very different, wrapping it in stainless and polishing that up. What ever I go with, I'm not going to be sloppy. I'm going to put equal effort into everything.

bad ass fuckin sierra bro nice orange juiced color! :good:

Thanks man. :)

Heading to the stereo store in a little. Going to get all my supplies to finish the box hopefully. I need to find a camper store where I can get that accordion boot stuff that goes between the bed and cab. That will be the only piece I need to get it installed this weekend. :woot::yahoo: Thanks for all the support and motivation guys.

I have a ton of updates and pictures for you guys, but I have to upgrade to photobucket pro. Got the box in and amp hooked up. Not really hitting hard. It seems like there isn't enough port area. I'm going to cut another 3.5 hole for each chamber and see how that goes. I know with boxes it takes a ton of experimenting so at this point that's what I'm doing. Once I get all this figured out I plan on finishing it and moving onto the next project. Sorry about the pictures guys, it's the end of the semester so i'm cramming all my studying and projects so I can finish strong. School>Truck.

Ok guys I finally got the pro photobucket upgrade so this it's time for a couple updates. I got the box done and in. Made a few adjustments and I don't like it. Going to build another 4 order at like 5.7 cubic feet. Supposedly this box slams. Right now I'm the loudest at school which isn't hard to achieve, but I know these subs have a lot more potential. So anyways here is my box build which is basically turning into scrap. I need the experience so it's all good with me.

All147.jpg

All148.jpg

All151.jpg

All152.jpg

All150.jpg

All153.jpg

All154.jpg

All159.jpg

All158.jpg

All157.jpg

All160.jpg

All161.jpg

All163.jpg

All170.jpg

All168.jpg

All169.jpg

All171.jpg

All172.jpg

All174.jpg

All175.jpg

All173.jpg

All176.jpg

All179.jpg

All178.jpg

All177.jpg

All180.jpg

All181.jpg

All182.jpg

All183.jpg

All184.jpg

All185.jpg

All186.jpg

All187.jpg

All188.jpg

All189.jpg

All191.jpg

All193.jpg

So after I got the box done, I determined the ports were too small. I cut another 3.5 hole per sub, so there were a total of four holes. Well It still didnt hit hard. I just decided i'm going to build a box that my dad has built for years. I just wanted to see what a bigger port would do. Definitely made it worse. So once I get the $32 for another sheet of mdf I will be building another box. Once the box is done I plan on moving onto the interior. Also got some ideas tonight for some LED lighting in the wheel wells. Check it out.

All194.jpg

Something along these lines in the future. Got a ton more work for this project and will keep you guys updated for sure. Thanks for reading and let me know what you guys think. I'll also try and get more pics of the blow through on the inside of the cab. My phone was dying at the time so I never got any. Not going to upload videos till I build the new box, but these Obsidian subs sound great for being in a box this restricted. The new box will have a lot more airspace. Stay tuned guys.

that 4th looks like the ported is WAY smaller than sealed most i have seen are opposite of that maybe that could be the problem? :shrug:

That's what I've been thinking. The box showed a perfect curve and the had great frequency response, but I don't think there is enough airspace for the subs. I believe it was 1.3 sealed and .7 ported.

Are the pictures on the first page working for you guys? I upgraded to pro and thought they'd automatically show up again, but on my screen they still aren't working. let me know so I can fix it. Thanks :)

Try moving the sub baffles back to give the subs about 1.25 sealed instead of 1.7, you can always add poly-fill later to gives the subs the illusion of a larger enclosure. Then take out the center divider. Doing this should give you a 2.3 common ported chamber area. I dont know measurements for port as I dont have a computer.

But after sub displacement in sealed chambers you should be close to the 2:1 port to sealed ratio. You can still use your box you have now, just tweek the baffles and make a new port for tuning.

Good luck, the truck looks amazing!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived