Sonic Electronix

hell...beast alt upgrades are a grand...probably another 500 in mdf alone....2k in amps...1500 or more in mids/highs...500 alarm...wire ain't cheap...just keep in mind people here give great advice for 99% of the time...you will get there in time...don't rush it...

the hell you buying MDF at? a full sheet of 3/4" MDF over here is 32 dollars give and take some change.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Im a 17 year old bass head with just two sa 10s and an aq2200d. this is my third stereo system im doing and I know nothing. There is so much to learn and so much can be found on this website. i spend my school days on here asking questions answering questions and learning. Take allota mental notes and your time. start small . thats what i did and still am. We all have dreams like you said you did. Small steps to work up to them. good luck bro welcome t00 the forum BTW

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Oh and say goodbye to all your money, cuz you're lookin at at an easy $5k right there

X2 This is no simple build but it can be done. Read some of the build logs and the forms about electrical and such. Good luck! :)

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

Look for maybe a single 18...that's dual 2ohm..and a 1ohm stable amp that has the power to run it at rms or higher...good place to start

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Ok guys, you all successfully changed my mind.. Your all right i will stick around some untill i know a lot more about what im doing.. i just wanted a top dollar system before i leave for college cause then most of my personal money will go to bills and partying.. anyways on a new note any one have suggestions for a smaller system.. kinda wanna stick with 18's but 15's will probably do.

Oh and say goodbye to all your money, cuz you're lookin at at an easy $5k right there

Thanks man, so you think im in over my head aswell? lol considering i didn't know i had to replace or add alts, i may change my mind on the subs. i figured just add a couple batteries i'd be fine.. when i had my 15's in my mustang i had 2 extra and it worked great.. which as the other guy said it is a huge difference in the amount of power im pulling. anyways.. any suggestions on a less power pulling set of 18's that will still beat my brains out? ha

look into FI SSD's, FI Q's, obsidian audio 18's, hell maybe you can go with 4 15"s like SA's or VVX's.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Im a 17 year old bass head with just two sa 10s and an aq2200d. this is my third stereo system im doing and I know nothing. There is so much to learn and so much can be found on this website. i spend my school days on here asking questions answering questions and learning. Take allota mental notes and your time. start small . thats what i did and still am. We all have dreams like you said you did. Small steps to work up to them. good luck bro welcome t00 the forum BTW

Thanks man, i've had 3 or 4 different set ups in my mustang and looking for my 1st one in the explorer. and just wanted to go big.. lol guess i was kinda over doing it. ehh it'll be alright i will take everyone's advice and look around before i buy something that expensive.

Archived