Issues when replacing newer GM truck alternator?

what a pain in the ass all of this is!

Yep. There is no easy way out. Even with dual alts you have to grind bolts and install a new belt. It's still a bunch of S***.

It's honestly stupid simple. Three bolts to mount the bracket, two for the alt, and run the new belt. Little bit of grinding if needed

My secondary alt is a four pin, just ran the yellow "turn on" wire to a ignition source in the fuse box.

Hard part is buying the alt and bracket LOL

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Well I've made up my mind. I'm going to just get the quad bracket(only DC has it) and 3 MechMans with the VCM and run the stock and hope a solution comes out before I decide to run real power in the truck.

For all those that provided possible solutions and input thank you!

Well I've made up my mind. I'm going to just get the quad bracket(only DC has it) and 3 MechMans with the VCM and run the stock and hope a solution comes out before I decide to run real power in the truck.

I know i'm not getting it but what is the price on the quad bracket? Just curious.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

Yep. There is no easy way out. Even with dual alts you have to grind bolts and install a new belt. It's still a bunch of S***.

It's honestly stupid simple. Three bolts to mount the bracket, two for the alt, and run the new belt. Little bit of grinding if needed

My secondary alt is a four pin, just ran the yellow "turn on" wire to a ignition source in the fuse box.

x2 on that one

Did you have to drill out the bolt hole on the right side of the oem alt? You live about a hour away from me so if I come to check the system out maybe I could look at your install before I put my bracket on.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

I'm not going to read this entire thread but i'd consider doing the older style alternators and just having the computer reflashed to not throw any charging codes.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

x2 on that one

Did you have to drill out the bolt hole on the right side of the oem alt? You live about a hour away from me so if I come to check the system out maybe I could look at your install before I put my bracket on.

Nope, my bracket didnt come with the bac support bar, I called dc before I installed it and they said its not needed, I've been running without it for months and not a single problem.

I'm down for that, I work full time so the weekends are good Times for me, just let me know

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

x2 on that one

Nope, my bracket didnt come with the bac support bar, I called dc before I installed it and they said its not needed, I've been running without it for months and not a single problem.

I'm down for that, I work full time so the weekends are good Times for me, just let me know

Oh ok that drilling the hole out was my only concern in case I wanted to remove the bracket and make it look stock. I definitely would come to see that beast. Probably will be around early February .

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

I know i'm not getting it but what is the price on the quad bracket? Just curious.

PM sent

PM sent

Update: Singer alts is the way to go the prices he gave me were amazing to say the least.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

PM sent

Update: Singer alts is the way to go the prices he gave me were amazing to say the least.

Yeah his prices are spot on. But I have a MechMan nuthuggering going on lol

Archived