Sonic Electronix

I am in the process of making my speaker box with the back side of it being plexi. but I wana to know how can I give it a nice black edge? similar to this

171027_76_full.jpg

See how its painted black so it dosn't show the edges of the MDF. What steps do I need to paint it like that? and which side it is painted inside where the subs are or on the outside?

Thanks

p.s. if anyone wants to keep up with what i am working on my work log

your gonna need to tape off all of the plexi and then unmask the area that is to be painted. Then you want to scuff the unmasked plexi with a 3m green scrub pad or some very light 1000grit paper. clean it with a non chemicle cleaner and then lay your paint down.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

your gonna need to tape off all of the plexi and then unmask the area that is to be painted. Then you want to scuff the unmasked plexi with a 3m green scrub pad or some very light 1000grit paper. clean it with a non chemicle cleaner and then lay your paint down.

thanks should I paint it on the inside or the out? and do I want to use a adhison promter? and high ech primer? or just lay the paint down directly to the plastic?

Archived