2- 12" Mephis M3s, Quick Lil Project

My step daughters boyfriend has seen a car or 2 that I did for other friends, and customers, and asked me to do something for him louder than what he had. I forget the subs, but it was 2- 12"s sealed, prefab box, on a semi generic Gravity amp....

He jumped up to high quality, great sounding Memphis m3s in a custom built ported box.

I dont have any pics of the very beginning start, but I have them 3/4s way thru. If you noticed, I pay great attention to the port design. I wanted the air to be a free flowing, and aero dynamic as possible, so compress the air, I used a funnel technique... This box should slam

Its 38-40hz, which is perfect for these M3s, and the Car, Civic Trunk car

so here are the pics- nothing to special, but possibly take notes on the port design :-)

DSCI0001-3.jpg

DSCI0002-3.jpg

^^^ laying down some 1/4" wood to catch the shape of the side, so I can make carpeted side caps... I always do this, cuz my carppeting skills are not up to par -but I usually paint them

DSCI0003-2.jpg

DSCI0005-2.jpg

DSCI0006-1.jpg

DSCI0007-1.jpg

DSCI0008-2.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

^ I left the carpet over hanging some because the hole was a little lose. I do this for that reason, and to center the woofer easier, so I dont start striping wood

DSCI0010.jpg

DSCI0011-1.jpg

DSCI0012-2.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I know what it's like to back out a screw or two due to cutouts ;)

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

I didnt do any round over on the port mouth, just because this is the guys first NON- Mainstream/pre fabed box, either way I know he will love it, and it will pound hard, and clean

tommorrow I will add pics of the terminals, and speakers hooked up, maybe installed in the car

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hey bumpin have you had that prob with memphis subs b4? I had a hell of a time with the wrx build I did with cutting a ring for some reason I did it to memphis' specs but it was bigger than the speaker still!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Forevrbumpn Teach me how to make those 45's like yours...I have been scratchin my head...How do you get them that good..I am struggling with mine. I made some the other night but they must not have been wide enough or something. How wide are yours??? That port looks like it flows great..I have to do mine like that..I just got to get these 45's down. I am gonna give it another go this afternoon. Nice Box.

Edited by zaxfire69

The 45s are simple, just need a table saw, or radial arm saw, or circ saw, and do is long strips, and then cut down to size needed, then you always have extra laying around........

I usually try and keep them about 3" wide on the outside

that angle on the port, well, that is like 30deg... I tested the box tonite on 70 watts tonite, full rage, and I must say, its Ken Tested, and Ken approved ;-)

sundown.jpg

hey bumpin have you had that prob with memphis subs b4? I had a hell of a time with the wrx build I did with cutting a ring for some reason I did it to memphis' specs but it was bigger than the speaker still!

Yeah bro, these 12s, and the 15s I was off a lil bit, but I did NOT go by the specs of thje cut out diamters, but I used a T square, and a right angle, and held them as if they were a large calipers, and got the OD of the cut out, which was like 11- 1/16" OD 15"s were like 14- 1/8" cut outs

sundown.jpg