Sonic Electronix

I just cut the cone out. The voil is perfectly fine, but it was the former that wrinkled :shrug:

Sounds to me like you slammed the coil into the backplate and distorted the former. This would coinside with the full tilt modified beats for my van.

Hopefully its under warranty

if indeed it is a slammed former, I don't see how the builder can be held responsible. Seems like a textbook learning situation to me, recone and keep playin.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I just cut the cone out. The voil is perfectly fine, but it was the former that wrinkled :shrug:

Sounds to me like you slammed the coil into the backplate and distorted the former. This would coinside with the full tilt modified beats for my van.

if indeed it is a slammed former, I don't see how the builder can be held responsible. Seems like a textbook learning situation to me, recone and keep playin.

-Drew

im kind of a noob when it comes to the inner workings of a sub, but this sounds like it could be exactly what happened to me. hit a really low note, heard it slap, hasnt been right since. got a little better, but now its just back to sounding like straight ass. also tore a tinsel either then or around that time lol

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Didnt you make a topic asking why your sub made some funny noises while it was playing

Oh yeah, figured out that was the amp - prev owner must have dropped it or something and messed it up. Was whenever the output went above ~1800w. All fixed now though

-Drew

I honestly didn't *think* I did since I measured, and to get the bottom of the former to touch the back place would require it to bust the triple joint and continue another 1-1.5" and I got it to move more than it ever did in the box free air, but who knows :shrug: I just need to watch it closely next time

Recone is on the way, subs going to be working again, and I'm going to get some hands on experience :woot:

BTW: Pic of the disaster :ehh:

WP_000486.jpg

Edit: Thanks everyone for putting up with me. I got the book smarts, but it's experience I don't have that leads to me making posts like this. Y'all are great :drinks:

Edited by SnowDrifter