ok so i got my dd1 and my headunit doesnt clip till 35 out of 40. but with music at 35 it is way to loud and the voice just completely covers up the sub. i usually listen to music at volume 20 through 25. would it be safe to set the max gain at 25? also i used to have a hifonics hfi 1500d and when i would raise it up on certain songs the sub would sound different one sound is port noise i dont have enough port length. but i can hear the sub and it kind of sounds muddy. the sub is a fi bl 15. so i got a sundown 2500 and i set it with the dd1 and around the same level it makes the same noise. i dont know what the sound can be but voltage was sitting around 13.6 on both amps. so if any one can help me out it would be great. also thanks to steve and d'amore engineering for this great tool :drink40:

yes, u can set amp gain with volume at 25 on headunit

and remember, your headunits internal amplifier will clip at a different volume than the rcas likely. so altho you might be able to go to volume 35, the internal amp might be clipping output at 30 for instance or lower.

if you used a -10db tone to set sub amp gain, try using -5db instead for a bit more safety incase that "sound" was you driving the sub too hard

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ok so i installed my new amp and i decided to go with the -5db track.just that when i tried the -10db track it would move the sub alot i dont know if this is safe for the sub i wouldnt even set it to the max volume i tuned it to and on the front knob only 1/3 and it would flex like crazy. another thing i have a pioneer avh 3200 in the sub settings should i set it all the way up to 6db

thanks decaf ill try that. its just weird how the sub starts to sound weird once it gets to a certain volume and its happened with both amps.

who made your box, is it prefab? i had the same problem my h/u clips at 33 out of 35, when i would be listening to music i would turn it to 18 and sounded good if i went up to 21 sounded nasty so even if i was able to go to 33 without clipping i had bad sound, the fix was building a new box and get rid of my prefab box, now i listen at 18 and the more i turn up my h/u the louder it gets and very clean sound too

Edited by Miguels

Maybe you nshouldstop using deck power to keep up with 2500 watts

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

o and i forgot to say but the noise i was hearing was the song itself it was this song

if you raise it up the bass sounds weird.

and n8 you think i need more electrical for this amp i tried it how it is and my volts dont drop down to low maybe only to 13.5

the only question i have now is do i set the gain with the sub settings to +6 or at 0