Audiocontrol Epicenter users?

i have mine at the middle, and it sounds good, even though my box is around high 20s-low 30s

but i could hit the low notes on the rap songs as before, because of the original 33hz subsonicfilter, so i just ordered a 25hz filter, and it works like a charm

What difference did you see going to the 25hz filter? Like on spanish music or do you mean rap?

If its rap im confused since say like a song like white girl from young jeezy you dont need an epicenter so why go to 25hz if most rap unless slowed doesnt have 25hz bass?

because, since my box is tuned low, and the filter is above my tuning, and all the signal was passing through the epicenter, it was filtering everything 33 and down, so when i played something low, even if i didnt turn the epicenter at all, it wasn't hitting the low notes, now with the filter, it is playing the lownotes good, the epic 160 has an on/off botton, so it doesnt use a filter, but the epicenter does

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get a chip i bought the 15hz chip at my local dealer for 50 bucks my epiccenter started making my speakers bottom out u will notice a difference

send it to audiocontrol they have a 5 year warranty

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Here's a few important things to keep in mind regarding The Epicenter --

- The PFM or subsonic filter (18dB/octave) acts as the crossover slope for the bottom end. The stock module AC uses is @ 33Hz. You can change this frequency by ordering a module from AC. You can get 15Hz, 20Hz, 35Hz and the like. You'll want to match this bottom point with the lower end of your subs' frequency range. You can purchase one from AC for $10.

- The Sweep and Wide can be thought of as a parametric EQ for bass contouring. Use the Sweep to select the center frequency that the restoration is centered around. In the middle is around 45HZ, and the range is from 27Hz (all the way to the left) to 63Hz (all the way to the right). The lower the frequency the lower your system will play at. Wide can be thought of as the "width of restoration." If this setting is more to the left, you'll have more focused restoration around the frequency you've chosen. If this setting is more the right, you'll have a more open, booming restoration that is a bit more all encompassing. Lower width is usually tighter, hard-hitting bass... Higher width is usually booming, open bass.

- Always put the Epicenter in-line before an EQ or crossover. Make sure you feed it a full-range signal for the best sound.

Here's a few important things to keep in mind regarding The Epicenter --

- The PFM or subsonic filter (18dB/octave) acts as the crossover slope for the bottom end. The stock module AC uses is @ 33Hz. You can change this frequency by ordering a module from AC. You can get 15Hz, 20Hz, 35Hz and the like. You'll want to match this bottom point with the lower end of your subs' frequency range. You can purchase one from AC for $10.

- The Sweep and Wide can be thought of as a parametric EQ for bass contouring. Use the Sweep to select the center frequency that the restoration is centered around. In the middle is around 45HZ, and the range is from 27Hz (all the way to the left) to 63Hz (all the way to the right). The lower the frequency the lower your system will play at. Wide can be thought of as the "width of restoration." If this setting is more to the left, you'll have more focused restoration around the frequency you've chosen. If this setting is more the right, you'll have a more open, booming restoration that is a bit more all encompassing. Lower width is usually tighter, hard-hitting bass... Higher width is usually booming, open bass.

- Always put the Epicenter in-line before an EQ or crossover. Make sure you feed it a full-range signal for the best sound.

"- Always put the Epicenter in-line before an EQ or crossover. Make sure you feed it a full-range signal for the best sound." i didn't know that i have my epicenter after my DQXS

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Generally, it's recommended to put it first in line before anything else. You can get away with feeding it a sub input as long as the frequency range is wider. The logic behind this thinking is that since the Epicenter is recreating subharmonics of the music through its bass processing, you'll want to feed it a wide frequency range so it knows which notes to reproduce. If you give it a limited frequency range, then it won't work to it's full potential. In your case, you could put the Epicenter in line w/ the Front input, set your DQXS to 4 Channel Mode and have your sub out being fed from the Epicenter processed Front input. If it sounds good as is, then don't worry. I'm just trying to explain what their tech support has told me. It's a bit easier to understand when you know what it is the Epicenter is actually doing. Think of it like a synthesizer -- It's reading/processing the musical information it receives and then it synthesizes/injects the subharmonics into the signal.

Cool. I'm gonna order me one of the 15hz chips since thats the F3 of my next box :) Thanks for the info.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Ok now im getting a little confused but great info.

My epicenter is brand new not changed and i only ever use it (turn the knob) on spanish music which contains no bass lines until i turn the knob.

Question is, when i listen to day rap that might have a bass line say at 30hz, and im not turning the knob, is the epicenter filtering most of that bass line anyways even if im not turning it?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

• 5 weeks later...

i have the bx-10 soundstream epicenter is the audio control epicenter way better? i have 2 10's alpine type r's in a sealed box an it hits pretty hard it hits way harder then some of my rap music.. but when i have the epicenter on an im playing rap it sounds like shit! what do i need to do cus i hate disconnecting an connecting the epicenter everytime i wanna hear some corridos.. would an equalizer solve this issue?

ive always used an Epicenter and find it to be much clearer on the lowest setting...

Pioneer AVH3200 DVD
2, Pioneer 6.5" 2 way 60 Rms Kevlar
4, Pioneer 6x9 2 way 80 Rms Kevlar
1, Kicker Solo-Baric L7 15-Inch 1000 Rms
1, 1000Rms Hifonics Monoblock Amplifier
1, 800Rms Hifonics 4-Chan Amplifier
Audio Control Epicenter
Kicker Kx3 Crossover
120AH Power cell Battery (Main)

Pioneer AVH4300 DVD HU
2, 500rms D.A.S 10B 10' Mids

2, 500rms D.A.S 8' Mids