Sonic Electronix

So i just installed my Sundown 3500D over this weekend and now when i turn the volume up there is a problem. The subs make a loud popping noise and stop playing for a split second randomly at medium high volumes. It seems very much like there is a loose speaker or rca connection somewhere that is coming loose due to the sub vibrations and flex but i have checked most of the connections and it has not helped.

The weird part is that on test tones the noise will start at around volume 22-28 (out of 35) depending on frequency. Then if i roll off a bit when it starts and roll back on quickly, i can go full tilt without the noise. It is almost like I can skip past the noise quickly if done right which leads me to believe there is no problem with the subs.

The amp is not going into protect and was set with my DD-1.

I got the amp refurbished from DB-r electronics and am wondering if maybe there is something wrong with the amp?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Team NorthWestSPL

Talk to dbr tomorrow, best thing to do first

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Do you have another amp to to ruleout rca and wiring?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

So i just installed my Sundown 3500D over this weekend and now when i turn the volume up there is a problem. The subs make a loud popping noise and stop playing for a split second randomly at medium high volumes. It seems very much like there is a loose speaker or rca connection somewhere that is coming loose due to the sub vibrations and flex but i have checked most of the connections and it has not helped.

The weird part is that on test tones the noise will start at around volume 22-28 (out of 35) depending on frequency. Then if i roll off a bit when it starts and roll back on quickly, i can go full tilt without the noise. It is almost like I can skip past the noise quickly if done right which leads me to believe there is no problem with the subs.

The amp is not going into protect and was set with my DD-1.

I got the amp refurbished from DB-r electronics and am wondering if maybe there is something wrong with the amp?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Only thing I can thing of is a bad cable or connection. My rca cables was bad and that caused static noise. Replaced them and it stopped.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

sent a email to db-r already but ill probably give em a call tomorrow too, thanks. I do have another amp to test with so thats probably what ill do next. Unfortunately the way it is installed it is a pain in the ass to get to which is why ive been trying everything else i can think of first <_<

Team NorthWestSPL

sent a email to db-r already but ill probably give em a call tomorrow too, thanks. I do have another amp to test with so thats probably what ill do next. Unfortunately the way it is installed it is a pain in the ass to get to which is why ive been trying everything else i can think of first <_<

Part I hate. Having to tear everything out just for one cable. Hope ya get it figured out and not have to jump through hoops and pull ya hair out...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Part I hate. Having to tear everything out just for one cable. Hope ya get it figured out and not have to jump through hoops and pull ya hair out...

haha thanks man, i just really hope it is not the amp. I waited a month and a half after i ordered it until it finally showed up and if i have to send it right back...imma be maaad

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived