Sonic Electronix

im only asking this question on here because of lack of weather to allow me to get my hands dirty and find out what could be the problem. basically: if i hit a weird bump in the road, sometimes my amp will just shut off or makes a "pop" sound (which doesnt sound good at all) or just wont come on when i turn my radio on.

things i have checked:

second battery is still charging

inline fuse is still good

amp fuses are not blown

grounds are still secure

remote wire is still attached from the back of the radio

sometimes when the subs hit a good bass note, it causes the amp to pop off. and it just doesnt it when im playing bass or not. almost sounds like MAYBE something on the inside of the amp that needs to be fixed. anything to point me in the right direction would be helpful.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Sounds to me like a ground or hot wire are not as secure as you think. And because you didn't mention it, I'll ask: Do you have a fuse on both sides of your hot wire? I don't think that is the problem, but could be a problem one day. Also You said the fuses are okay, but what about the wires running into and out of them? Are they nice, tight, clean, and still copper colored?.

edits in red

Edited by lagexe

Run a new remote wire. I know you said it checked out fine, but just run a new one. A loose remote wire is usually the problem whenever I have ran into that same situation. Run something like 18-22 gauge for it. I know it's overkill but if you used an amp wiring kit, then you should know that crappy little remote wire they give breaks way to easily.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Run a new remote wire. I know you said it checked out fine, but just run a new one. A loose remote wire is usually the problem whenever I have ran into that same situation. Run something like 18-22 gauge for it. I know it's overkill but if you used an amp wiring kit, then you should know that crappy little remote wire they give breaks way to easily.

that was my ideal solution was to run a whole new remote wire. i did a manual test with a 4ft section of wire, and manually turned on my amp, and it worked. so i THINK it may be the remote. i had to splice in two sections of wire, because it wasnt long enough. it may be 22g, so ill bump it up to 18, and hopefully that will help. but i gave the whole length of remote a good tug, and it seems to still be nice and tight. ill see if i have any pics i can post

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Sounds to me like a ground or hot wire are not as secure as you think. And because you didn't mention it, I'll ask: Do you have a fuse on both sides of your hot wire? I don't think that is the problem, but could be a problem one day. Also You said the fuses are okay, but what about the wires running into and out of them? Are they nice, tight, clean, and still copper colored?.

edits in red

all hot wires do have a fuse. although, i think my easiest solution would to be to run a new remote, since i spliced it, and also just used electrical tape. i have noticed first hand of crimps and connections coming loose. so, when this rain decides to subside, im gonna tighten and double check EVRYTHING

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

here a couple pics. probably wont help with fixing the problem

390452_271920919509713_100000754225054_756709_861829709_n.jpg

cap is not in use. it has already been taken out

317664_259989437369528_100000754225054_719921_1794812901_n.jpg

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

A cap!!!??

Cap is GONE. at the time of battery install, the cap was removed. It is not in my car, as noted in my signature. This was not about the cap.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

The remote wire might be it. I didn't think about it. Also if you have a second battery, what is the cap for? or just for looks?

Not trying to sound like 99.99% of the audio heads on the net, I'm legitimately curious.

Cap was removed at the time of trunk battery install. Its not in my car anymore

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.