Second Skin Audio

So Many Options ! ! !

BobbyG2

So, I've been looking around at subs in the $300-$500 range, and comparing them in WinISD (I know it's not totally accurate for in-car response but it should be good for comparison purposes, right?) But yeah, I'm basically finding a sub(s) to match my Sundown SAE-1200D with, and here's what I've been considering so far:

1 Fi Car Audio Q18 - $$ 334.00 (Base), $ 394.00 Fully Loaded + Shipping(My guess an 8-10cu.ft enclosure tuned to 28 hz)

2 SKAR VVX 15's $420 (When they get in Stock) in an 8 cu.ft enclosure tuned to 28Hz (I might be able to grab the $0.01 enclosure deal, and apparently they're located in Orlando and Ft. Myer's, so I might be able to drive there and pick them up, so no shipping hassles/fees (don't know if they'd go for that, haven't asked yet, but it's a possibility)

2 Sundown SA-15's $469.98 + Shipping [My Most Expensive Option, my highest bid)(8 cu.ft. 28hz)

2 Obsidian 18's [$300 preorder, $360 reg. [+Shipping])(Could possible grab a 3rd if the pre-order is still going when I get my tax return money [$450+Shipping])

But something crazy I've been looking at that I think would be kinda cool: (WinISD is telling me this is my LOUDEST option)

12x T3 Audio T200-12S4 12" 200 Watt Subwoofer 4 Ohm - $$386.64 (Free Shipping) In either a 30 cuft ported enclosure at 26hz, or a 6th order, with a Rear Chamber 25cu.ft tuned to 20Hz, and a front chamber 5cu.ft tuned to 60Hz (Walling my Mountaineer right behind the rear seats) (Win ISD is telling me Ported all the way though) - this is if they're still in stock in a few weeks

I think I'm leaning more towards the 12 12's, mostly because it's the most out-of-the-ordinary of these options, WinISD is telling me it's the loudest and lowest, and the fact that, saying 12 12's just SOUNDS cool. Lol

In WinISD I modeled the subs with 1-ohm resistances at 1500 Watts, and the ones with less than 1 ohm at 1700 watts, for a "Perfect World" scenario, for when I upgrade my electrical ---> (SOON, ASAP)

I'm not asking for "Which is louder", I'm just asking for your opinions on these options, and taking some suggestions for other subs.

this is the comparison in WinISD:

subcomparison.png

EDIT: I'll be purchasing these subs as soon as I get my tax returns in, somewhere towards the end of this month. And what I'm looking for is Loud and Low, but Super Low > Super Loud.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

no comparison threads. You may thinkn those t3 sound like a good idea til they are no longer in one piece in a month.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived