Sonic Electronix

Scratchy sound coming from sub

Oh yeah it's definitely blown because for one, you didn't add the oil in there for the coil and you didn't break it in..

Seriously though, the sound is coming from the coil windings rubbing on the inside of the magnet. You could try what bassick said and put the woofer face up, it might balance the coil out..

Oh yeah it's definitely blown because for one, you didn't add the oil in there for the coil and you didn't break it in..

Seriously though, the sound is coming from the coil windings rubbing on the inside of the magnet. You could try what bassick said and put the woofer face up, it might balance the coil out..

lmfao, oil..

& yeah, subs have always been up. i mean, when I have the volume up 32/40 is clipfree what I play at, it plays fine.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

lmfao, oil..

& yeah, subs have always been up. i mean, when I have the volume up 32/40 is clipfree what I play at, it plays fine.

How long have you had this sub? It might just be so worn out that it can't keep the coil centered in the magnet at lower volumes..

wow its happening when its facng up yup its soon to be done for again this has nothing to do with clipping and more of you playing the wrong songs out of tunning range causing the sub to over excurtion... i can never spell that word right lol

that in turn stops the sub from being linear and moving side to side aka coil rocking and you thats what you hear is the coil moving and hitting the side of the magnet

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

the only other thing that could of happend is a piece of metal (a very small piece like a shaving) or a small piece of wood made its self into the sub from the sub vents and is stuck between the coil and magnet it is possible but unlikly

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

the only other thing that could of happend is a piece of metal (a very small piece like a shaving) or a small piece of wood made its self into the sub from the sub vents and is stuck between the coil and magnet it is possible but unlikly

What about a screw?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

lmfao well I checked, even hooked up another sub and its doing it.. So its not my sub. I even unhooked the RCA and its having like a static sound to it.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived