Sonic Electronix

2 AQ HDC3 15's on a AQ3500D @ .5?

I saw a guy on youtube running these things at like 2.5k watts each, RMS.. AMICUSTOMS has a walled silverado with two AQ 3500s puttin out over 11k watts to 4 of these subs. Now what I wanna know is.. if I were to wire two of these subs on a single 3500 at .5 ohm, would I be abusing these subs pushing them that hard.. or does everybody roll around with 2.5k on these things?

Depending upon how much box rise you have it should be fine. Also depends upon how much below tuning and how long you'll be playing full tilt.

Yes you could run them on that much power and be fine, or you could also burn them up eventually if you're not smart.

I run alum coil HDC's and run a 3500 to each sub with no issues. In my daily driver I have 2 3500's at 1ohm each on a single 18 with no issues.

Well I wouldn't play full tilt that often.. I'm thinking about putting the subs in a box tuned to like 35hz-38hz. The HDC3's are copper coil though, will that really make much difference? Also, what would you recommend for powering the 3500 at .5 ohm? Would a 270A alt with a XS power D3100 in the back with 2 runs work?

The aluminum coils are better for the heat dispersment, but as stated as long as you send a clean signal and do not play below tuning you'll be fine. If you plan to listen to slowed/boosted or C&S you might wanna tune a little bit lower.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Mkay............. scratch that setup. I'm going to run two 18" hdc3 coppers on a single AQ2200D at .5 ohm for now, and then eventually strap another 2200. I really don't have the money for the 3500 right now because I still have to get a $600 alt and a few XS batteries to power this. I want to make sure my electrical is done first so I don't ruin anything because of voltage drop.. I saw a guy with my same truck running this setup and he never drops below 14.6 at full power. All in all I'm looking at about 2-2.5k to get this setup, then I can just get another 2200 later on and strap them. What do you guys think of this?

Archived