Sonic Electronix

2 15's in a Prelude too much?

a good 15 subwoofer is going to be atleast 200 and the amp maybe 150 plus the wiring and stuff 50 wood and screw 45 headunit 120 thats already 565 so budget has to go up unless you already have some of the stuff.

^^^^^^This.theres more to a system then just subs and a amp.new amp=you might need bigger/more wire,new sub(s)=materials for a new enclosure.small things like that can add up fast.if your budget is only around 300 id look for some quality used equipment

But a $300 budget ain't gonna get you nothin worth having

That is the dumbest logic ever. I know tons of people, including myself, that have spent less than $200 on systems and they are definitely "worth having". Maybe not to someone that has high standards, but not everyone does. I just want something that hits harder than what I have which is 2 low rms 10's on a low rms amp with no port on the box. Simple.

I'd like help, not insults.

I agree with you, most on the forums do have high standards for car audio, being that it is a car audio site. None the less I as well didn't have as high of standards when i first started. (Not saying your just starting) but i think what everyone is trying to say indirectly is to save your money for something you'll be alot happier with rather than buying something within your budget and it going out, or wanting more. You can for sure get a setup with 300 dollars, but it might consist of cheap wires, cheap amp, and a good sub. You don't wanna cheap out on anything because you'll end up spending more money in the long run. I don't think it's to much as everyone else says "Never to much" but I also think even if you don't have high standards you should save and buy items of quality that will last you longer. Just my 2cents.

EDIT: Ever think about 2 12s? Less cone, but could run you a bit cheaper and would most likely be louder than your 10's depending on what the 10's are and what 12's you'd get.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

dont worry about shaking the car to much its just a prelude its not like its a ferrari or something. like others have said you can just tighten the things back up. also like thenewbie said 12s also sound good but do it right do it once get the good stuff now and you dont have to replace it later.

I'd say shop craigslist for something cheap if 300$ is for everything. Or you could buy one item at a time till you have what you want/need and possibly be way happier. I'd start with wires, hu, then sub/subs, then amp.

I would just buy as you can so you end up having decent equipment instead of spending all your money at once and be dissapointed. Just imo though.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

But a $300 budget ain't gonna get you nothin worth having

That is the dumbest logic ever. I know tons of people, including myself, that have spent less than $200 on systems and they are definitely "worth having". Maybe not to someone that has high standards, but not everyone does. I just want something that hits harder than what I have which is 2 low rms 10's on a low rms amp with no port on the box. Simple.

I'd like help, not insults.

That wasn't a insult but i just dont see how its possible to put together a decent setup for 2 15s for $300. Am i the only one?

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

you can get the new skar audio ivx 15 and a aq 750 for 330 to 370 i believe. 1 15 and 750 watts. good equipment.just saying

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

4x8 sheat of .75 mdf 30 bucks.hard as nails 6 bucks. pvc for ports 12 bucks for 10 feet. 50 ft of 4 gauge(beginner style) 34 on ebay.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Archived