Devilbiss

Those are the guns I use, best for the money. And for a strong decent paint job that is cheap, use du pont paint, and just go to an auto body paint supply shop, they will have everything you will need, not Home depot, lowes, sherwin williams, those are all home based, not AUTO.

Even though Sherwin has there own Automotive finishes and has had it since the 70's (getting this info from a tech i work with whos been in the business since the 60's(old i know lol))

Edit: not trying to be an ass :) friendly convo :jump:

CortezDTV was texting me about it and he recently painted his mustang and he suggested Duplicolor from Advance Auto. Im thinking thats probably what im going to use. I know Duplicolor is a great brand and a quality product. Im just kinda weary about the process and the environment restrictions. I didnt know it was that important to regulate temp and im not sure how i will be able to do that. I dont have a garage to work it so i was planing on using a tent and just wall it all around with plastic to protect it from wind/debris etc... and im sure i can makeshift some fans to help with ventilation. but idk how im gonna do temp.

But i think once i get everything figured out and i start i can probably pick it up real quick.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

graco make a few very nice guns at decent prices, and they can be bought through sherwin williams or ppg. painting isnt hard, its all in the prep and repetition. also get a respirator with organic filters, a dust mask isnt enough

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

I bought the Devilbiss Finish line Pro for around 200 bones, It has 3 different fluid tips. One for primer, base and clear. For the money it cant be beat. "Devilbiss Finish Line Pro" pick it up @ your local paint store guaranteed to have it.

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

I bought the Devilbiss Finish line Pro for around 200 bones, It has 3 different fluid tips. One for primer, base and clear. For the money it cant be beat. "Devilbiss Finish Line Pro" pick it up @ your local paint store guaranteed to have it.

dont listen to managers :D lol jk

imma look into that because that sounds like a good deal.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Devilbiss

Those are the guns I use, best for the money. And for a strong decent paint job that is cheap, use du pont paint, and just go to an auto body paint supply shop, they will have everything you will need, not Home depot, lowes, sherwin williams, those are all home based, not AUTO.

Even though Sherwin has there own Automotive finishes and has had it since the 70's (getting this info from a tech i work with whos been in the business since the 60's(old i know lol))

Sherwin is for your home not your car, end of discussion. :shrug:

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Devilbiss

Sherwin is for your home not your car, end of discussion. :shrug:

Sherwin has a wide variety of paints ranging from home to auto to aerospace.. btw where are you basing your info from... jw my info is coming from a painter whos been in the business for 40+ years and has sprayed everything from sikkens,dupont,ppg,basf,sherwin + some :shrug: so when you can get me info stating that sherwin is NOT for a car let me know.... End of Discussion

• 1 month later...

Archived