Im looking to be able to do some automotive painting this summer I want to paint my car and maybe a friend's or 2. And i want to get a paint gun that will be a pretty good quality but not like a ridiculous price. I already have a compressor and hoses and what not so i just need a good gun. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent one? ALso where can i get real automotive paint? I have never looked but do places like Home Depot, or Lowes have automotive paint or do i have to get from somewhere special? Thanks for the help.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Im looking to be able to do some automotive painting this summer I want to paint my car and maybe a friend's or 2. And i want to get a paint gun that will be a pretty good quality but not like a ridiculous price. I already have a compressor and hoses and what not so i just need a good gun. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent one? ALso where can i get real automotive paint? I have never looked but do places like Home Depot, or Lowes have automotive paint or do i have to get from somewhere special? Thanks for the help.

As for guns Iwata,Sata for cheaper end I think 3m still makes a gun that is pretty good not sure of many other that'3 what I used when I was in school for it. As for paint find a local pain supply store will be your best bet imo.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

As for guns Iwata,Sata for cheaper end I think 3m still makes a gun that is pretty good not sure of many other that'3 what I used when I was in school for it. As for paint find a local pain supply store will be your best bet imo.

ok like a Sherwin Williams?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

ok like a Sherwin Williams?

Never used sherwin williams paint so not sure I hear good things on it though I know they have a good line of h2o style paints.

HOK is good paint I like Glasurit from BASF alse PPG RM lot of brands out there.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

ppg is a good brand from what ive heard, im looking at doing the same and was told by a freind that has 40+ years in autbody repair that most local part stores should seel paint kits that will include all the primer paint and clear you need to paint a whole car/truck.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ppg is a good brand from what ive heard, im looking at doing the same and was told by a freind that has 40+ years in autbody repair that most local part stores should seel paint kits that will include all the primer paint and clear you need to paint a whole car/truck.

ok I guess i have to go out and search for good paint stores at some point. Again this probably wont happen until the end of the semester. i just want to learn as much as i can before as to not waist time and money. Cortez (guy on here) actually just recently painted his Mustang and when he saw this thread he texted me about it and gave me some pointers on everything. sounds like its going to be a longer process than i thought it would be. lol... but im up for the challenge.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

ok I guess i have to go out and search for good paint stores at some point. Again this probably wont happen until the end of the semester. i just want to learn as much as i can before as to not waist time and money. Cortez (guy on here) actually just recently painted his Mustang and when he saw this thread he texted me about it and gave me some pointers on everything. sounds like its going to be a longer process than i thought it would be. lol... but im up for the challenge.

You can do it!

U should practice holding a 10 weight extended and walk back and forth with ur hand outstreached so u build up a fitness to it

First few days paint I was so tired shouldn't have gotten the quart and a half paint gun lol

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

You can do it!

U should practice holding a 10 weight extended and walk back and forth with ur hand outstreached so u build up a fitness to it

First few days paint I was so tired shouldn't have gotten the quart and a half paint gun lol

Funny how that bit of extra paint makes the difference.

Same thing happened to me, lol

Archived