Sonic Electronix

Our 3 foot side post 1/0 AWG Charging System Upgrade Kit is $153.95 - that covers your Big 3, only our kit will offer better performance than connecting the battery (-) to the engine block. LINK It includes EVERYTHING you need to install it.

We sell 1/0 AWG for $6/foot in that length. You do not need a length of ground cable to run front to rear. 4-5 foot of 1/0 AWG ground cable would be plenty to go the frame on the same side that you ground your battery and alt via our Charging System Upgrade Kit. LINK

Our 1/0 AWG Lugs run $3.75 each and they are super thick stock which is tinned. LINK

I'll terminate the cables for you and heat shrink them with SUPER THICK adhesive lined heat shrink for $1 each termination. Then, you need to consider:

1. Fuse for the charge lead?

2. Fuse for the lead going to the rear?

We're a one-stop shop. We sell it all and I have been involved in car audio since 1984. We offer the cable and parts we do because we have hand selected them. I'm obviously not the cheapest . . . but we do give a 10% discount to all SMD Members.

Be sure you're comparing Apples to Apples in your search. The cable we offer is tinned OFC that meets the AWG specification for all of our kits and custom cables. Welding cable is great for . . . well, welding. The jacket has no immunity to petroleum based products nor does it offer good insulation from heat.

Edited by snafu

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

RPQf8-1.jpg

BALLIN ON A BUDGET

DEH-3200UB, HiFonics Eagle, 2 Selenium 8w4p and 2 QTW-18 Tweets

RD Alpha/PSI 15D2 & SS RUB1.2500D

4^3 @ 31Hz

IMG00007-1.jpg

CEAES_468.gif

Our 3 foot side post 1/0 AWG Charging System Upgrade Kit is $153.95 - that covers your Big 3, only our kit will offer better performance than connecting the battery (-) to the engine block. LINK It includes EVERYTHING you need to install it.

We sell 1/0 AWG for $6/foot in that length. You do not need a length of ground cable to run front to rear. 4-5 foot of 1/0 AWG ground cable would be plenty to go the frame on the same side that you ground your battery and alt via our Charging System Upgrade Kit. LINK

Our 1/0 AWG Lugs run $3.75 each and they are super thick stock which is tinned. LINK

I'll terminate the cables for you and heat shrink them with SUPER THICK adhesive lined heat shrink for $1 each termination. Then, you need to consider:

We're a one-stop shop. We sell it all and I have been involved in car audio since 1984. We offer the cable and parts we do because we have hand selected them. I'm obviously not the cheapest . . . but we do give a 10% discount to all SMD Members.

Be sure you're comparing Apples to Apples in your search. The cable we offer is tinned OFC that meets the AWG specification for all of our kits and custom cables. Welding cable is great for . . . well, welding. The jacket has no immunity to petroleum based products nor does it offer good insulation from heat.

This is like comin into a thread about Husky Jeans and tryin to sell the guy Ralph Lauren. Pretty sure he is budget minded here. I use welding cable and have never had any issues. Works great!

RPQf8-1.jpg

BALLIN ON A BUDGET

DEH-3200UB, HiFonics Eagle, 2 Selenium 8w4p and 2 QTW-18 Tweets

RD Alpha/PSI 15D2 & SS RUB1.2500D

4^3 @ 31Hz

IMG00007-1.jpg

Dosn't welding involve extreme heat and welding around petroleum based products? In my experience welding cable has withstood every condition that "car audio" cable can.

I bought some of the cadence 1/0 and a few swipes of a razor blade will take the copper right off. But still not bad at 27 dollars for 17 feet!

Meaning it's the copper jacketed aluminum? I'm not sure I'm up to speed on the CCA and OFC thing yet.

Maybe I should read up on that first. Big difference in conductivity?

Dammit, I just wanted to throw down on some decent 1.0. Not take a lesson in metallurgy. :lol:

While I'm positive that's quality stuff, the question is do I NEED $400 worth of 1/0 to run $300 worth of amps. :lol:

Of course not. Your thread just happened to be about the umpteenth one I've seen in the last couple of weeks with the same basic question. I didn't really look too closely at your amplifiers, just what you were asking for.

Unfortunately in this category, there is a bunch of mis-information so it's incredibly difficult to make an informed purchase based on the products currently in the marketplace. It's really more the fault of marketing departments and NOT the shopper.

I stand by what I said with Welding Cable, because it's absolutely true.

CEAES_468.gif