Sonic Electronix

Hi guys, I recently killed my cars stock starter battery and was about to buy an XS Power D3400. Now I know that my alternator will not keep up with charging the battery so I am looking for a deep cycle battery. When looking at the specs it looks like the opposite of a deep cycle battery, it has very high cranking amps and is listed as a power cell. Other sites list it as a deep cycle battery. What I want to know is if this will last long with me deep discharging it all the time.

My system is 2200w RMS and I have a 110 amp alternator.

Why wouldn't your alternator charge a D3400? Get the D3400.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

That is not my question. What I mean is that since my alternator cannot keep up with my needs the excess is being taken from my battery. If the D3400 is not deep cycle and has thin plates as stated on the site the battery will quickly be ruined when it discharges to less than 70% capacity.

I run a XS Power D3400 for a starting battery and I love it!!! You won't regret it if you go with XS Power! Trust me!!!

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniv. Edition

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X794

Front Stage- Digital Designs DDAW6.5 Mids & DDAT28 Tweets

Rear Stage- Kicker KS650 6.5" Coaxial

Sub Stage- Sundown Audio SA-15 D2

Mids & Highs Amp- Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Sub Amp- Audioque AQ-1200D

Equalizer- Arc Audio XEQ 5 band graphic EQ 1/2 DIN

Electrical- XS Power D3400, Big 3 Knukonceptz 1/0g, Stinger volt meter & Knu accessories

Misc.- Over 80 ft.2 Second Skin Damp Pro, Overkill & Lux Liner

It will support it but keep a close eye on your voltage. I ran a 1400w rms amp that sucked well over 90 amps of power on its own. My voltage would go as low as 13.2 at full tilt so it wasnt too bad but its still not getting charged fully. If anything i usually recommend getting a new alternator first. Its the strongest but most expensive part of your electrical system. Without a good alt you can end up having a boat load of batteries to help with the poor charging system you may have and still get voltage drop. Not very efficient or effective to have 10 deep cycle batteries when you could just jump right to the alt and even keep the stock battery for a bit until you can afford a nice agm battery and run the system without major issues. Just dont be stupid and run the system with the car off without a good battery or two. I used a s3400 (same thing as the d3400 but with a heavier outside case made to hold up to the temperature under your hood from the engine) and i could hammer on that for hours before the voltage got to 12.3v and i turned the car back on for 5 mins to charge it back up to 13.2v and it was fine.

I recommend the same thing to anyone else who needs electrical system upgrades and i tell them to do it like this.

1.) Perform the big-3 upgrade (1/0 from alt+ to battery +, 1/0 from a solid bolt on the engine (preferably the case of the alternator if you can get to it) to the - on your battery, 1/0 from the strut tower/frame of your vehicle to the - on your battery

2.) Upgrade the alternator and continue to utilize the wire you ran for the big-3

3.) If voltage is still an issue consider replacing the stock battery with something like the xs power s3400 or d3400 and if still needed another deep cycle agm battery.

Typically for most systems including yours just doing step 1 and 2 will be way more than enough power to run the hell out of your system as long as your engine is on. Dont think about doing just step 1 and 2 but slamming on the radio with the car off.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress