Second Skin Audio

wiring and ohms

Sound storm is crap equipment. I mean absolutely no offense, but that's true. The subs could barely take their rated on the best day. So its a good think you would never even see 1200 watts out of those amps.

I'm just curious which bench test you did...

the standard bench test obviously. you put the amp on the bench and look at it. duh :rolleyes:

OP... ya... we can spot bull shit from 5 miles away on this forum. as for your question... you can really only wire to 1ohm or 4ohm so you better be ok with running 1ohm. ill bet that amp will get pretty hot at 1 ohm.

You're right, it was around 4200 but I could of also just done the math wrong, but it is running at 1ohm, I know that for sure its the actual wattage i'm not sure of...

Just be honest, it's always a work in progress with ever changing plans.

Sound storm is crap equipment. I mean absolutely no offense, but that's true. The subs could barely take their rated on the best day. So its a good think you would never even see 1200 watts out of those amps.

I'm just curious which bench test you did...

I can understand that to a degree, I had to have one of them replaced after about 2 weeks from what i thought was a fried voice coil? But the amp I have is fairly solid, sure its not a Rockford fosgate or a Sound stream amp but it does the job for $200 and still sounds clean.

Bench test? :BULLSHIT:

Right just looked up amp doesn't do NEAR 5k! Thats peak power. it only does maybe 1700 @ 2ohms and only takes 175a fuse.

http://www.sonicelec...SL-EV5000D.html

Yeah I saw the reviews as well but I actually own one and can form my own opinion about it, not other peoples opinions...

its 5000 watts max on that amp not RMS, true RMS it claims 2500 but im sure its around 1900 because of the fuse rating. if it was a true 5000 watt amp it would have 2 power and ground inputs plus the fuse rating would be at 500a not 175a.

Edited by Miguels

Right just looked up amp doesn't do NEAR 5k! Thats peak power. it only does maybe 1700 @ 2ohms and only takes 175a fuse.

It comes with a 200a ANL fuse...

really?

Fuse Rating 175A ANL In-Line Fuse CEA-2006 Compliant No

its 5000 watts max on that amp not RMS, true RMS it claims 2500 but im sure its around 1900 because of the fuse rating. if it was a true 5000 watt amp it would have 2 power and ground inputs plus the fuse rating would be at 500a not 175a.

Like I said its a cheap set-up to begin with, it came with a 200a fuse but I do agree with it having extra inputs.

but whatever, it works and sounds good and so i'm happy with it until I can afford more.

really?

Fuse Rating 175A ANL In-Line Fuse CEA-2006 Compliant No

I can snap a picture, but yeah.

I understand where your coming from were just trying to help. The amp does'nt do rated power but it will still work fine with your setup. Later on in the future sell it and buy a better amp. Just go to the site I put in a previous quote "The 12volt" & that will show u how 2 wire your subs (If u didnt do it already).

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)