Second Skin Audio

Need help with box design

lagexe

It was only this past Friday I got my SSD into my new box, but I would like to go ahead and start on my next. I'll be upgrading my system with taxes (new 2400w amp, 1 more SSD 15", and 1 SSD 12"). There are a few other things I would like to do though.

I would like the SSD 12" to be inverted in it's own chamber (ported or non ported), it's only playing 150hz-250hz. I would like for it to be toward the front, in the center.

If the 12" will be a problem because of it's height, I can handle regular sitting.

I would like both both 15" up, and their port back. I like symmetrical, that said, I would like for the port to be centered, or go across the width of the back.

I'll give my max height, it will be slightly smaller than most jeeps. I have a compartment that makes my wheel wells straight across. This is for spare tire, things I need, and soon for batteries.

Lastly, I would like to put my 2 rear tweets, and my four 6x9s in a "shelf" across the front side of the box. Perfectly level with the rest of the box. I do expect this to hang over into my rear passengers head space. They can get over it. :)

Space available:

48" left to right

24" up and down

24" front to back

I realize the help I'm asking for is colossal, I apologies for this. I have tried for some time to make my own, but I simply am not cut out for designing. I can imagine what I want, but drawing it up seems next to impossible for me.

For anyone still reading, and interested in helping. I lack the words to describe my gratitude. "Thank you" isn't enough, but it'll have to do.

Thank you!

shoot me a PM, i'd like to get a better understanding of what you're trying to do :)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Don't get a 12" SSD if you're looking for it to play 150-250hz. Exactly why are you wanting something to cover that range anyways? Your sub should handle up to 63hz with ease, then run a pair of dedicated 8" mids to cover 63-150hz. Then any set of speakers you buy will easily handle everything above that.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Don't get a 12" SSD if you're looking for it to play 150-250hz. Exactly why are you wanting something to cover that range anyways? Your sub should handle up to 63hz with ease, then run a pair of dedicated 8" mids to cover 63-150hz. Then any set of speakers you buy will easily handle everything above that.

Not that I'm arguing, your way will save me some money, but wouldn't a larger cone bring out these sounds better? IMO 150-250hz is still pretty low.

An 8" does make sense, I'm just curious.

Thanks!

it would be difficult for a 12 inch sub to reproduce those frequencies. it would be much easier for 8's to reproduce these frequencies. 2 8's would be somewhat close to the cone area of a single 12 anyways.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

it would be difficult for a 12 inch sub to reproduce those frequencies. it would be much easier for 8's to reproduce these frequencies. 2 8's would be somewhat close to the cone area of a single 12 anyways.

Okay, Well... Darn... I'm glad I'm saving money, but that is bad news for design idea :(.

Although, I thank you guys for stopping me from wasting money.

Archived