Second Skin Audio

4th orderzzz (box 6 done & possible free slot)

412 CVX

57x24x24 dc lvl 4 fifteen soundstream 1700 tuned to 32

bandpass boxes aren't usually tuned so low. usually 40-55hz.

please list your dims in terms of HxWxD

ok so its going into a silverado h 24 width 24 length is 57.. i just want to be able to play into the low thirtys and ill be happy please and thank you ive been trying to get a 4th order design for a while

sounds like your really bored. lol

I thought i'd be productive in SOME way rather than completely procrastinating on my homework lol.

2nd generation FI BTL D1, no space restrictions...just do what you do. Will give it...1,000 watts of power and let's see what you can do.

what size? and where can i find info on the 2nd gen? since i assume it's not listed on fi's website now that the N2 is out.

And if youre really bored, do some research and give those ABC enclosures Alpine was talking about a try.

haha maybe some day when i have the time to research it all, that would be a fun little project. in the meantime i'm gonna stick with what i somewhat understand.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

ok so its going into a silverado h 24 width 24 length is 57.. i just want to be able to play into the low thirtys and ill be happy please and thank you ive been trying to get a 4th order design for a while

a 4th order will do that no problem. that's what the sealed part is there for, to control excursion, compared to the standard ported box where the port is relied heavily on to control excursion.

since you posted first, i'll start with yours. you're running a single 15, correct?

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

a 4th order will do that no problem. that's what the sealed part is there for, to control excursion, compared to the standard ported box where the port is relied heavily on to control excursion.

since you posted first, i'll start with yours. you're running a single 15, correct?

yes sir just a single fifteen

Updated. First box done for Will77530

pry have time for one more before class

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Have you built them before? Im curious what you thoughts on mine would be lol 4 12's fiyou Q's in a blowthru

i have not built them before. i wish i had the money to play around with this stuff lol. i'd think Fi Q's would be an excellent Canidate for a 4th order.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

like the title says, i'm bored...

i feel like designing a 4th order or two just for teh shits and giggles, cuz i'm a nerd and i enjoy this kind of stuff, and for some feedback.

so if you guys could give me the following info:

max dimensions (please list your dims in terms of HxWxD)

model and number of sub(s)

preferred ratio of sealed to ported (if any)

preferred ported tuning frequency (if any)

i'll post a teaser picture and a sketchup model link here for criticism.

i should probably note that i'm a broke college kid, so i don't have bass box pro, i'm using torres calc for tuning. so i suppose expectations should be a little lower lol.

thanks all!

update

box 1. DC level 4 15. 2:1 ratio, 52hz tuning, port is 12.5" wide, 7 inches tall, 9 inches long.

lvl4bandpass.png

Sketchup link.

I think DUDEWITH4X4 did a box just like this and it had loading issues when loading directly into the port... but im not sure...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived