Second Skin Audio

4th orderzzz (box 6 done & possible free slot)

412 CVX

i'm going to assume a 2:1 ratio unless you tell me otherwise

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

recieved. i'm gonna have to put this on hold for a little bit. i got a night class to go to. hopefully i'll be back at this later tonight

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Update 2. oldsboomer's box is done. that one was quite a bit of work. originally i had the subs straight across from eachother, each directly facing the other. then i got to thinking and realized that might cause some cancellation issues, so i redid it with each side having a 15 degree offset, which hopefully cures any cancellation issues. it maybe extremely difficult to mount the back two woofers, so a right angle drill might be a wise investment.

the port is huge on this one, 8 inches high, 16 inches wide, 11 inches long. i know you said to tune it slightly above 38 hz, but there was really no need to tune it that low. it's tuned right around 45hz with its current port.

feel free to make the port removable/interchangeable.

let me know what you think peeps! i appreciate the feedback. thanks!

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

I think DUDEWITH4X4 did a box just like this and it had loading issues when loading directly into the port... but im not sure...

hmm.. i suppose it's very possible. unfortunately i think there's really only one way to find out.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Any reason why you keep using a 2:1 ratio? I've read that the lower the ratio the better the bandwidth and sound quality, so that might be why. Any truth there? Also, I've ready that if you go with a larger ratio it will have a really high peak, but not much bandwidth? Any truth to that as well??

Brandon

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

2:1 is the most common ratio from what i'm told. yes 1:1 is very musical and has a very broad bandwith, but it's also inefficient. and yes, a larger ratio, such as 3:1 or greater, will produce a very efficient box at the peak, but at the cost of having a very narrow bandwith and not being incredibly musical.

i guess my disclaimer here is to cross check my results. i'm trying to polish my skills here, that's why i ask for feedback.

appreciate the reply :)

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived