Sonic Electronix

dunno, just wrote what was listed on the thread lol.

As for multiple alts, have them all charging to the front battery and 2 runs of this to the back would probably do.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Easy 2000 kcm is FUCKING expensive lol and usually you dont want 2000 kcm you ever try bending a 500 Kcmil before its a FUCKING Bitch man its not as flexable also compared to the 1/0 that the companies use

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

no† to men†ion the people with draw requirements like that normally have multiple alts so one run is kinda impossible

I had been giving some 500 or 700 wore some thought before I got a killer deal on all my 2/0(used)

But IMO you could do a buss system up front too, 2 or 3 charge lines off each alt into a block custome milled to go from say 9 inputs (3 charge lines on 3 alts) to 1 big 700 series wire and the same when you get back to your batteries or amps...

And I wouldn't do them all to the front battery dependin on the size of your battery bank 9/10 times youl be bottle necking your power and over charging that front battery

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

skin effect is A/C primarily.

you don't have to have a single conductor to carry the current, it can be divided into multiple conductors. 4 paralleled 1/0 gauge wires carries a total of (assuming 300amps each) or 1200 amps. Each fused according to the individual wire and not the total current draw of the circuit.

How in the hell would you hide and or bend wire that thick?

The availability is much lower for wires that size and the cost is much higher. The car audio industry has centered around smaller gauge wires so it just ends up being cheaper and easier. Amps, distribution blocks, etc...are all made to fit with 1/0 or smaller wires. Beyond that, there really isn't readily available products for car audio.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm not worried about flexibility as much. Some of this stuff is considered 'non-flexible'

I'm talking about VERY LARGE systems only - snaking a dozen runs of little stuff around is dumb.

I usually run along the frame for 1/0 anyway.

You cannot run 300 amps per 1/0 cable - that is just incorrect. 150 amps is closer to reality, but even that is pushing it on a long run. The more you push it, the more your voltage drops. You'll get a big sag in voltage, even though you may never pop the oversized fuse or burn the cable.

If you can get 150 continuous amps, in reality, on a run of 1/0, then a single run of 2kmcm would be the equivalent of 10 runs. Run 15kw of amp power with one cable, and very little voltage drop. One buss up front, one buss in back.

For reference

http://www.ihiconnectors.com/AWG%20wire%20sizes.htm

I pulled up a couple companies that make connectors for the stuff

http://www-public.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=53239

and here's a 650mcm cable, for some more perspective.

1000981hk8.jpg

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

And how do you guys know how expensive 2000 mcm is? Or even 750? It would be a better bang for the buck than 1/0 at $50/ ft.

To clarify - I only say that because I use high end hardware. I generally avoid 'car audio brands' because ALL lugs, fuse holders, terminal connectors, and blocks from these companies I have used rust out quickly in my climate.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Archived