Sonic Electronix

he should be using 0 gauge regardless. the shop that installed it is retarded as fuck for using 4 gauge. if they did that i cant imagine what else they fucked up on. whats his electrical look like? thats a 3000w amp and i hope to god he's not running it on a stock alternator and battery with no big 3 done.

Okay I said it didn't seem right that they were using 4 gauge. I'm gonna get him to go back and tell them to put 1 gauge. Thanks for the help guys.

just putting 0 gauge wont solve the problem...

He's also getting a yellow top battery as far as I know. I will talk to him about that tomorrow.

Id believe my wife telling me I was clipping before that knob.

But I mean common, they ran a 3200 watt amp with 4 gauge. Obviously it's gonna clip. I will believe that knob in this case haha.

well he let them because he paid for that wire somewhere. stock electrical aint getting it done hes lucky he didnt have a fire.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

But I mean common, they ran a 3200 watt amp with 4 gauge. Obviously it's gonna clip. I will believe that knob in this case haha.

N8 has point and you obviously do not understand clipping. What is the amp wired to? Nominal ohm load? A 3,200 watt amp wired at a low load won't require 0 gauge. And even with replacing it, you have not addressed the issue. Read up, learn about it, and then set the gains correctly yourself. Also ensure you even have the proper electrical to provide the current draw required? Settings on the headunit? So many factors here.

And those clipping indicators are JUNK.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

he should be using 0 gauge regardless. the shop that installed it is retarded as fuck for using 4 gauge. if they did that i cant imagine what else they fucked up on. whats his electrical look like? thats a 3000w amp and i hope to god he's not running it on a stock alternator and battery with no big 3 done.

Okay I said it didn't seem right that they were using 4 gauge. I'm gonna get him to go back and tell them to put 1 gauge. Thanks for the help guys.

just putting 0 gauge wont solve the problem...

He's also getting a yellow top battery as far as I know. I will talk to him about that tomorrow.

yellow tops suck. and if he thinks thats all he needs for that amp, he's in way over his head.

well he let them because he paid for that wire somewhere. stock electrical aint getting it done hes lucky he didnt have a fire.

I'm honestly kinda pissed about this shop now. Apparently they said that 0 gauge wire is garbage and doesn't work the way that it's supposed? How the hell does that make sense at all. They say they use 4 gauge for everything. I'm about to go and smack them.

People who do not know any better complaining about other people who do not know any better...lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

People who do not know any better complaining about other people who do not know any better...lol

I know better than to run that amp and subs with a stock alt and battery with 4 gauge wire. Don't worry about that. I'm not a complete idiot haha.

plus it could also be that the box is designed like shit (prefab probably) and doesnt allow them to play well. could be a combination of both

It's a dave the box guy box. It should be fine. It is sealed though. maybe that?

I know better than to run that amp and subs with a stock alt and battery with 4 gauge wire. Don't worry about that. I'm not a complete idiot haha.

You didn't seem to know that in the first post.

And it's more likely 2200W, seeing as the type X's are dual 4 ohm... Unless it's wired to 1 ohm bridged, then we have bigger problems.