Second Skin Audio

Got tons of options for Subwoofers Help me choose!!

Okay Im planning my next build in my BMW X5. I am space limited on this build so Im fiberglassing the enclosure in the spare tire well in the SUV so the sub and port must fire up. Consider I plan to run 1000 rms in every situation. I will have about 4.5 cubes after enclosure displacement only (not counting any sub/subs or port, but Thats figuring 3/4" wall thickness overall). My goal here is to be as loud as possible on low notes between 35-45 hz but also maintain factory appearance since the wifey wont allow me to go crazy in this one. Im not gonna say which Im leaning toward just to see what the responses are first.

So heres my ideas on woofers and Im planning to use Fi:

- (1) BL 15 ported

- (1) SSD 18 sealed - Ruling out

- (1) SSD 15 ported

- (2) SSD 12s ported

- (2) X 15s sealed - Ruling out

- (1) Q 15 ported

Here a pic of the Spare tire well Im working with

Edited by rogue

Dang this forum is actually generating some responses. Nice to see people actually on here.

I did a build with 1 ssd 12 in a mustang on a SAZ 1000 and i was impressed by it. Havent heard or worked with any of Fi's other subs yet tho. Thanks for the responses, keep em coming!

i havn't heard any in person but i love the looks and sound from what i can hear on my computer of the bls :good:

lol ive seen a clip or two myself that gave me that feeling too.... least I mean you can tell they can tear a car up. always good to see.

i havn't heard any in person but i love the looks and sound from what i can hear on my computer of the bls :good:

lol ive seen a clip or two myself that gave me that feeling too.... least I mean you can tell they can tear a car up. always good to see.

i can hear slight differences in subs through my headphones on the computer even with the distrotion of cameras i would never said i can tell which sound quality is the best like that but i get impressions of them weather i would be interested in them or not. i know personally i like a heavier more powerful sub.

First this thread is kinda pointless where as it is a vs and will more than likely be cluttered with arguments before long as they all do.. And there are to many opinions to really get anywhere

Second no matter what anyone says its your choice in which you choose, any of the mentioned subs will do you well

All that said, 18s are out there is simply no enough space, 2 12s are pushing it I personally say 3.5 cubes after displacement will be to small for those as well, one 15 would enjoy being ported at around 3-4 cubes, so that would narrow it down quite a bit..

I have heard the Q and the BL and from my personal experience I would say the Q would be more suited out of those two

Between the Q and the SSD I Cannot say because I have neve heard or seen the ssd in person, but judging by specs I still favor the Q

I don't mean to come off like a dick, just being blunt, cuz I'm tired of sugar coating everything

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait