This is in no way bashing, but rather just a curious question. The answer may be "of course not" - but i just thoght i'd ask.

Yes - the following may take a bit longer, but thats not the question, the question would solely be 'would it work', and if so, how accurate would it be?

This has nothing to do with gain matching, but purely the crossover setting feature.

----

Hypothetically, If you wanted to set the lpf on your sub amp to 70hz, could you burn a 70hz track to a disc, and then play it, and then turn the lpf screw until you can hear the tone, therefore setting it to exactly 70hz?

Thanks for the answers, I was just curious and hadn't seen anyone think of it this way in any of the cc-1 topics yet.

Thanks! :drinks:

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

No, because it doesn't block everything above 70hz - it blocks things higher than 70hz more and more as the frequency goes higher and higher.

Even if the crossover is set at 70hz, you might be able to hear 100 hz.

Hope that made sense

Edited by SnowDrifter

you COULD use a multimeter set to AC volts and turn the lpf knob down til the voltage doesnt go up anymore. in my head that seems like it can work

You certainly can, but it seems like that would be inaccurate too since say it's a 24db/octave crossover, the 70hz crossover point have to be at -6db for it to be actually set at 70hz.

Isn't -6db half the voltage? You could just turn the x-over all the way up, measure the voltage, then turn the crossover knob down until it's half that.

Maybe... lol :trippy:

Edited by SnowDrifter