Sundown Audio

Problem with amp?

Hadec

The other end of it. Not at the amp. They had to ground it on the car somewhere. I wanna see how they accomplished that.

They put the car up on a lift so I don't think I can take a pic if its underneath the car. :/

i'll look

edit: It is hidden and I would have to take apart the car to get to that.

O'm thinking about trying to go to another place and get a "second opinion" on it.

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

Please do it your self. You got our opinions. That's all you need.

I say do it yourself. Save you a lot of money and bs. That shop guy saw you coming.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I got my system hooked up by professionals

I have a diablo hellfire prototype amp @1ohm 2500w

(2) Fi Bl 12" dual 1 subs

When I was playing it, it just shut off, and at a low volume too.

So right now i'm thinking it is the amp or something is wired wrong.

Please help ASAP!!! :(

Pics of amp setup...

IMG_1324.jpg

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

IS that 2 8g wires crammed into each side?

Fuck bro, Please show me how those power and grounds are on the other ends. Especially where they grounded the amp to whatever it was grounded too.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

it also appears that the amp isnt bridged.... not sure if its bridgable but it could be his subs are wired down to 1 ohm and the amp doesnt like it all on one channel? somebody PLEASE correct me if im wrong.

i dont know anything about this amp btw.... just saying what my first thought was

edit: what poor wiring job for a shop... you would think they would have a lil pride in what they do to make it at least look nice instead of doubled up 4 awg for power and ground and electrical tape......

OP SIT DOWN AND LEARN ON THIS SITE AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!! Thats the only way itll get done the right way and the way YOU want it. shops just try to get you to spend a shit-ton of money so they can f*** up your shit so you hafta buy more n they make money off it.

my .02

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Look, I don't want to say it's this or that, because it could very well be the amp. I've only had one of these 30 die in the hands of a customer. He tried to hook it up in his room on a power supply and fed it well over 16v. I killed one strapping a pair to .25 at a competition last year.

Shit does happen and i do want to help you any way I can. HOWEVER, seeing what you have already posted in pics sends up a huge red flag about the work that has been done to install the amp. My worry is that the other ends of both those power and grounds are something that should NEVER be done in an install. And what baffles me the most is they would use more runs of smaller wire, when using the right size would be cheaper and easier to have done right the first time.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

also it does look like 8 awg wire for power and 4 awg for ground.....just saying. (THAT COULD CAUSE THAT)

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

If it looks that bad at what you CAN see, just imagine what the stuff you CAN'T see looks like

If it looks that bad at what you CAN see, just imagine what the stuff you CAN'T see looks like

werd_msword.gif/\

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

Archived