SSD's underrated?

I'm wondering if I can get away with pushing 1500w to a single SSD 18. Price is a HUGE factor that's why I don't want to spend it all on a Q. If not I can simply turn the gains down until I can afford another one :good:

Edited by Hondabiker95

If you set your gains right in the first place, they could probably take it. And no, tuning it by ear or guesstimating doesn't count.

Either way, i'd be careful on the volume knob.

actually... set your gains right. clipping = death.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If you set your gains right in the first place, they could probably take it. And no, tuning it by ear or guesstimating doesn't count.

Either way, i'd be careful on the volume knob.

actually... set your gains right. clipping = death.

x2 all of this. if you smell coil, turn the gains the fuck down

If you plan on getting a second one in the future, it won't matter. I think you are forgetting voicecoil configurations and your possible nominal ohm loads. I would do the AA Chaos for about $50 more opposed to $80 more. Or get the SSD D1, wire to 2 ohms, then get the second one to wire down to 1 ohm nominal.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If you plan on getting a second one in the future, it won't matter. I think you are forgetting voicecoil configurations and your possible nominal ohm loads. I would do the AA Chaos for about $50 more opposed to $80 more. Or get the SSD D1, wire to 2 ohms, then get the second one to wire down to 1 ohm nominal.

That was the plan :P My amp does 1600w at 2 ohms and 1965 at 1. But I really don't have the extra $50 to spend, If I did I would probably go more RE sx since I've heard those things can take 3kw in the right box.

Well, the RE SX is a 2,000RMS sub. Of course 3,000 shouldn't be too much of an issue for it to take. But where are you getting RE SX 18"s for less than $250?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?