The Difference?!!?

t1 only has 2 voice coils...... ur 12 gauge is fine for the sub. run a wire from one positive on the sub to the other. then run that wire to the positive on ur amp. do the same with the negative. thatll give u 2 ohms.

I just took the car into my stores install bay..redid a lot of stuff..got my sub doing parallel now the proper way , and tuned my amp using a MM..holy mother fuckin snakes on a plane..i been underpowering my sub for months I had the gain so low because I was scared to wreck it..I tuned the amp using a 50hz tune at -3db..then played my regular hop music... :o LOVED THE OUTPUT :^ got my bass control goin too,but that's gonna be hidden soon ;)

one more thing...I tuned my amp with using sub lvl +6..because I figured I want that setting anyway with eq flat and loudness OFF..so my gain won't be AS high and as long as i'm not over the rated voltage i'm good to go..correcT?

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

let me get my indash installed and my bass remote (if i do decide to go through all the work of ripping the center console) installed..and I shall post pics.. I took out my 4 channel at the moment, my store might be getting a better model..or I might get the t8004 off a person I know..so im gonna re-do that later..but for now..its just a mono amp..but pics will be up soon

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

t1 only has 2 voice coils...... ur 12 gauge is fine for the sub. run a wire from one positive on the sub to the other. then run that wire to the positive on ur amp. do the same with the negative. thatll give u 2 ohms.

I just took the car into my stores install bay..redid a lot of stuff..got my sub doing parallel now the proper way , and tuned my amp using a MM..holy mother fuckin snakes on a plane..i been underpowering my sub for months I had the gain so low because I was scared to wreck it..I tuned the amp using a 50hz tune at -3db..then played my regular hop music... :o LOVED THE OUTPUT :^ got my bass control goin too,but that's gonna be hidden soon ;)

one more thing...I tuned my amp with using sub lvl +6..because I figured I want that setting anyway with eq flat and loudness OFF..so my gain won't be AS high and as long as i'm not over the rated voltage i'm good to go..correcT?

glad you got that all figured out... i knew we could get ya up and running right... although imho (using meades little internet jargon thread) i would personally change the sub lev lower and the gain higher... in the end it all comes out to be pretty much the same but hu's usually dont run very clean when you reach high volumes so i would rather send a cleaner signal from the hu then risk sending a dirty one... doesnt matter how clean the amps signal is if the signal from the hu is already clipped.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

glad you got that all figured out... i knew we could get ya up and running right... although imho (using meades little internet jargon thread) i would personally change the sub lev lower and the gain higher... in the end it all comes out to be pretty much the same but hu's usually dont run very clean when you reach high volumes so i would rather send a cleaner signal from the hu then risk sending a dirty one... doesnt matter how clean the amps signal is if the signal from the hu is already clipped.

awesome..this coming sunday im gonna rip out stuff anyway, and I'm gonna do the finishing tweaks then...but I get what you mean, im gonna do the final tuning on sunday after everything is in..(except the 4 channel)..ill let u guys know how it goes..

thx for all ur help  :^

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

so I'm finally done setting up everything..looks purrty..pics are up in this thread..they're not the greatest and arent so detailed..didnt have much time left..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...hp?topic=1474.0

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

i noticed steve's using the power series boost control and what it seems like that he turns the boost to max (in the vids) ..does this cause any extra clipping since the boost is at MAX if the gains are set the way they should be ..(matching or under the rated volts) 

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

this is from roe forum..

person 1:

"but i tuned mine with the knob at +18 "max" so incase i wanna crank it up all the way... it won't distort or clip... just be pretty much max without hurting it..."

person 2:

"setting your gain properly means no clipping at max undistorted HU volume...

any sort of boost would would be like taking your HU beyond its max undistorted volume. you might as well just guess your gain setting and crank the volume.

taken straight from my autotek mm4000.1d manual:

"it is important to remember that a boost applied at any frequency. or range of frequencies, will cause severe amplifier clipping.""

Me:

"so i tried settings my gains the two diff way

1. with boost at max..and my gains set accordingly..

2. without boost, and gains set accordingly..

now, others have told me it's better to set the gains without the boost, and you can apply boost afterwards..but when i set my gain without any boost or anything and applied boost AFTER. my voltage skyrocketd to about 60s and 70s..didnt seem right to me...and others are saying that it should be fine..

i used a 50hz test tone at -3db

amp should be rated at 34.6 volts"

any comments?

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

notice they said boost on the hu... bass boost from hu's and eqs is usually dirty power when cranked high. but rf amps are made to run full "punch bass" witout clipping. Yes im sure these people are correct for certain amps but I was told this by a regional sales manager of rf. Personally i think you should contact rf tech since your so concerned... like i said i herd it from a manager at rf but the people at rf tech should be able to get you the 100% correct info for your application

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer