The Difference?!!?

Hey guys...i recently bought a Pionner N2 dvd unit.. and I also own a pioneer p8600 unit...now the n2 pushes out 2v and the 8600 does 4v..

if i was to install the n2 unit..how much sound quality (in music) would I really by comprimising?... I am currently running a p6001bd (powering  a T112d4) and p4004..will my amps have to work harder in anyway / how much clarity / power will I be loosing or gaining...now I know DVD audio has generally better noise ratio...anything else you guys can fill me on?

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

all the extra voltage does is make it where you dont need as much gain...you should be OK really i bet you dont even notice the difference.  If anything the gain may need to come up a hair to equal what it used to be but thats about it.  If you start getting heavier into SPL competition then the deck voltage might actually come more into play and in that case you can use a line driver or a processor of some sort that boosts the voltage up some.

It looks like you have a nice daily driven setup and looking at your equipment i have to say dont worry about it bro.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

thx a bunch meade  :^

I exchanged the N2 for the Kenwood 617 (got parkin bypass without soldering and voiding warranty)... I eventually will start getting into (slowly) into a bigger league, but for now it's all I can afford while paying tuition...I feel my p6001bd isnt enough for my t1..I don't use loudness on my deck(obvious reasons) and i find that I gotta set my gain past 2/4 to get my sub to start pounding..i havent done it with a MM yet, so I will be looking into that soon. Sub is wired down to 2ohms and Im just wondering why do I gotta sky rocket my gain to pound my sub..(i dont leave the gain there, i have it much less because I'm afraid to blow my sub)  oh and my pioneer is still installed, havent put in the kenwood unit yet...

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

do you have the punch bass installed? that makes a huge difference...

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the remote bass thingy? I'm afraid to use it...lol I'm very paranoid after reading so many different forums.  :-[..i have my freq set at 40hz on the amp and my h/u is at -12db/oct with 50hz freq... I use to blast my shit like an idiot, and recently i've learned so much and since then i've found so many mistakes; it's just that like i've said, there arent many audio fanatics in toronto, so I havent heard that many high end subs  :V

but say I set the gains according to the MM with sub level to +6 (no loudness, eq will be flat, SLA level at 0 (need help here, wtf is the deal with this)), and I use the punch bass knob to increase the bass on certain songs...won't that cause clipping?

and while setting gain, would using a 45hz be more optimal if i'm planning to use the knob, or stick to 50hz...oh by the way..it'll be 50hz at -3db

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

lol ok breathe... rf amps are made to a high standard... leave the gain down and up the bass boost... gain will cause clipping but the boost will not... if your still insecure read up on either the rf forum or im sure meade will chime in (if you look closely at his vids he always adjusts something in the dash then down in the center consol. The second adjustment is for the bass boost and it adds alot to his sound)

Mind you that the newer rf standard (not sure about old school amps but since many swear they are way better then the new im sure its the same or better) is that every amp must be able to hold its peak rms power in az summer heat with full punch bass boost... i think you will be fine in canada

also you have pretty good ideas and everything is set but punch bass is a patented rf only technology that works witout clipping the signal... eqs, loudness ect ect can and will clip the signal and if you send a clipped signal to the rf amp then boost it you in for trouble but if the signal is clean (it should be since you way cautious) then boost it up

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well the pioneer 8600 has burr brown d/a convert.

as far as bass boost.. HATE IT.. i dont know who tought you to set gains but hey....... whateva..

and steve is adjusting a level control, not cranking on a boost knob.  as far as i know..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

im pretty sure hes said before that its the punch bass he is adjusting... im not sure on other amps but i know rf amps are made to handle boost properly

im pretty sure hes said before that its the punch bass he is adjusting... im not sure on other amps but i know rf amps are made to handle boost properly

thx emp, I read your post earlier on, I have my gain set (still need to use a MM tho), I did it by ear.., and now I can use the boost controller knowing that it wont cause clipping if my gain is set right..i just wanted to clear up the whole issue,...and to your reponse from the other thread:

I have 4agw wire running all around..I don't have the "Big 3" done, because people are askin for too much money ($150)..I have 4awg goin from the bat to the amps..using a 150amp anl fuse..i got a p6001bd and a p450.4 the mono powers the t1, the 450 powers my 3.5 mid range on dash, 6.5 components, and 6x9 4-ways in the back (all RF)..your explanation cleared up quite a lot for me..my t1 has all 4 coils connected to the box, and outside the box, I have these metal pins joining the two positives, and the two negatives..and 4 wires going into the amp obviously..the wire insdie the sub is 12awg, and same with sub to amp...(should I change the wiring? the installer said using the metal clips, im able to do 2ohms, since im connecting to the polarities)

Now it's just a few tweaks here and there and everything should be fine..my sub does pound quite a bit,

..but thanks for clearing up the bass boost...Plus im gonna run the controller wire to my center console near the gear shift, I have a lil flip out cover that covers the cigarette lighter and the ash tray..gonna take the ash tray out, mount the bass boost controller to the flip over it self, so when it flips out, i got my bass boost rdy to go  ;)     lol it's a lil funky, but hey :(

and wth is a "burr brown d/a convert."  sorry  :V

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617