DC Sound Lab

DC sub reaction!

Well I had my local shop make a box for me this last week and they installed everything for me too. So I got my car back on Thursday night and when talking to the guy who installed it he said that my level 4 15" is going to want more than the 1500 watts that it is getting from my mb quart amp I have. He went on to say that he would guess that 3000 watts would be a good amount of power and I told him that this is my first real system so I didn't want to go too much over board and blow something from inexperience especially since the sub is rated at 1000 watts.

When he heard me say that it is rated at 1000 watts he looked at me like 'no effin way, you don't know what you are talking about'

It made my day seeing how impressive dc subs are. Thanks DC for making such an outstanding product!

I'm from Sioux Falls SD and no one here has heard of DC so I will rep them to the best of my ability to try to get converts! (I'll try to get some pics up later maybe tomorrow of what I have)

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Yeah I'm gonna stick to 1500 I only go there for them to make the box and install it. I don't trust their judgement on alot of things but they have good craftsmanship

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

take a level 6 to them and see what they think lol

cool story man. i've got a pair of level 4's right now, and i love em. i'd say youre great with the 1500 watts for it.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

he probably thinks in max wattage. 3k isnt 3k. 1500rms is about all i would feed a level 4, and it is plenty to reach full potential in the right enclosure.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

A clean clamped 1500 watts to a upgraded lvl4 (5 soft parts) after that your making extra heat. no upgrade 1000-1200 the single tinsel leads will probably be the fist thing to go if you start adding more power. recobe to a dual1 and run the quart amp at .5 ohm scope it clean and watch what that sub can really do. if your wired to 1ohm now your actual piwer is probably in the 700-800 watt range

Edited by windowtinter

A clean clamped 1500 watts to a upgraded lvl4 (5 soft parts) after that your making extra heat. no upgrade 1000-1200 the single tinsel leads will probably be the fist thing to go if you start adding more power. recobe to a dual1 and run the quart amp at .5 ohm scope it clean and watch what that sub can really do. if your wired to 1ohm now your actual piwer is probably in the 700-800 watt range

Sorry but I'm just sticking with what I have. I just found this situation funny so I posted it not really looking to change anything