My d'amore vu-1 meter on some dubstep

Ray

Damn no mobile link.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 3 weeks later...

so i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. This thing has nothing to do with clipping right? Only the db level of music? So if you set your amp (with the DD-1) with a -5db tone, then any music above that will show up as red on the meter?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Correct.

Or set up the vu meter with a -15 tone and its a little more accurate.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

This is amazing, can't wait for them to go on sale!

For you guys with a wall, it would be crazy to see the din size inside your rear view mirror. That would be soo sick.

Also props to you ray for always having the best dubstep!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Correct.

Or set up the vu meter with a -15 tone and its a little more accurate.

I did the -15db tone for mine. was just making sure I understood :) Is it safe to assume that a song is not clipping if you see no red?

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It gives you a visual. Which helps if your really loud. Anything under a 145 you should be able to hear oncoming distortion.

For myself, i know the tracks i play and my systems limits.

So this is just a cool toy for me.

It has its purpose though, i should never see red on mine and hardly ever orange. So when i do i know im into some really boosted shit.

DUDE! I fuckin want one! :wackit3:

Soon i hear.

Ive been trying to get a din size one myself right now.

Damore is super busy atm.

It gives you a visual. Which helps if your really loud. Anything under a 145 you should be able to hear oncoming distortion.

For myself, i know the tracks i play and my systems limits.

So this is just a cool toy for me.

It has its purpose though, i should never see red on mine and hardly ever orange. So when i do i know im into some really boosted shit.

I guess I just need to get one and see if my ears match up to what my brain thinks it is hearing. I have a music degree so my ears/brain have more training than some people in listening to music, but that doesn't necessarily carry over listening to speakers and the car audio environment.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived