Ignition Wire Keeps Poppin Fuse

So I installed my first alarm on my car (Viper 791XV FTMFW!) and it works no problem. I stick to the directions and take extra time checking and re-checking each line with a multimeter to make sure its the right one. Yeah its a little much, but Id rather do it right the first time without having to re-wire. I installed my second alarm on my Ma's rav4 which needed a Immobilizer. wiring went fine, everythings tucked. Works fine, but every month or so, the fuse to the ignition line on the alarm busts, and of course the car wont start. all I did was replace the fuse, thinking a one time thing. But it happened again. I dont want to just put a higher amp fuse in cuz I dont want to fry anything in brain. It came with a 2amp fuse....which I didnt even know they made.....So obviously that wire is gettin too much power at some point. but I cant figure out why it takes a good couple weeks to a month for it to happen. Any ideas?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

What kind of unit it is? normally the ignition wire doesn't come fused... only the 12v constant wires and parking light wires are. Or are you talking about a fuse in the car? either way 2amp doesn't sound right?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

no its def the wire from the alarm thats fused. its the 5100RS model.... http://www.scytek.net/product_galaxy_combo_5100RS.html

the only reason I remembered that it was a 2 amp fuse was because I thought it was strange too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

no its def the wire from the alarm thats fused. its the 5100RS model.... http://www.scytek.net/product_galaxy_combo_5100RS.html

the only reason I remembered that it was a 2 amp fuse was because I thought it was strange too.

It's gonna be the ignition itself drawing the current, not the brain. That is really weird that it has a 2amp fuse on it... what gauge is the wire? Is this wire with the fuse before or after the relay pack for the remote start?

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

not sure what gauge it is but i know its the same as the 12V constants. probably 12g...its hard to say where its located cuz the cars not in front of me right now.

i sell these for a living you need a 10 awg amp power kit to wire that car properly. replace the main power wire with a lenght of 10 gauge wire and atleast a 30 amp fuse. her car can not handle the extra draw from the wiring. we have to do this on alot of newer cars at my work

----reference's----

meade916

i sell these for a living you need a 10 awg amp power kit to wire that car properly. replace the main power wire with a lenght of 10 gauge wire and atleast a 30 amp fuse. her car can not handle the extra draw from the wiring. we have to do this on alot of newer cars at my work

How are you going to tell him that he needs to rerun a 12volt run when you don't even know what year rav4 it is? just curious. And if it was the problem you described the car would more than likely be blowing ign fuses... not the remote start. or it wouldn't work most of the time.

Edited by Shyne151

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

replacing a wire thats smaller than a 10 gauge with a 10 gauge will only free up more current. I dont need more current. I need either less current or a higher amp fuse on that line. If it couldnt handle the extra power, the remote door locks and alarm wouldnt work either.

well when your done wasting money and you find the problem was the wire gettine to hot then talk to me. and for the other guy. it does noe matter what year rav4 they are notorious for that problem. but then again i forgot i'm not a authorized installer wh actually went to school for security systems through viper. no not at all

----reference's----

meade916