Sundown Audio

quick clamping question

MIKE-2U

When people say clamped there amp they mean ac volts timez ac amps. Is that clamped power? I know theother formula where you do box rise im talking just clamped powrr?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

box rise is ac/vc example. 55.3/11.2=4.9 om than minus what ur wired to say 2 ohms and 4.9-2=2.9 box rise than u have 2x box rise or reactive rise. it sound confusing but when person shows u its simple math.

Example: (50AAC x 10VAC = 500 watts) VAC = AC Voltage AAC = AC Amperage

Edited by ShakeNbass

personal best for 2012 new best

148.4 at 50 hrz on 2500 watts clamped with 2 dd3515 on audiobahn a5000spl

133.3 extreme score

2 dd3515 2004 model dual 2s

audiobahn a5000spl amp wired at .5 ohm daily

q power ofc zero gauge wire.

4 batteries in trunk

100_1430-1-1.jpg

Ac voltage out of pos speaker and neg speaker and ac amperage around positive I usually burp my system at peak freq...then calculate in 70% efficiency

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Ac voltage out of pos speaker and neg speaker and ac amperage around positive I usually burp my system at peak freq...then calculate in 70% efficiency

1 Volt meter is placed on the speaker leads coming out of the amplifier.

1 Ammeter/Current meter is “clamped” around the (+)speaker lead coming out of the amplifier going to the subwoofers. Competitors are asked to have these wires accessible. The “peak hold” feature is selected on both meters. During the run, the meters will keep track of the peak voltage, amperage/current going to the subwoofer.

thats how we do in midwest spl

personal best for 2012 new best

148.4 at 50 hrz on 2500 watts clamped with 2 dd3515 on audiobahn a5000spl

133.3 extreme score

2 dd3515 2004 model dual 2s

audiobahn a5000spl amp wired at .5 ohm daily

q power ofc zero gauge wire.

4 batteries in trunk

100_1430-1-1.jpg

I know how to do it usong box rise but when ppl say they clamped an amp at so and so power dont they just times voltage and amps or do thy actually caluclate it includong box rise?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

They usually are too lazy, so they say "I clamped at 1245 watts on a 1500 watt amp wired at .5 ohms, this amp is junk..."

If they new about box rise, and realized that their box sucked, then they'd redo the box.

If you do it yourself, take the extra 2 minutes to calculate and factor in box rise so you know what you're actually working with.

Gimme a minute to grab a link for you, better write-up.

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Double post.

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

didnt want to start a new thread, i decided to go clamp my amp for shits and giggles, and i got weird as numbers.

ACV = 199.7

ACA = 16.8

Voltage 14.2 dropping 12.6

those numbers look wrong in the first place just due to how high the ACV is and how low the ACA is. also this would imply something like a 2 ohm to 12 ohm rise.

:trippy: :trippy:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/